Chapter 2

I absolutely love the picture I used for this chapter, it's so funny. Anyways, enjoy chapter 2!

Their footsteps echoed throughout the hallway, coming closer and closer to the apartment. Screams were heard through out the building. Each door that would be broken down would cause you and your family to flinch. You grasped your fathers arm, fresh tears trickling down your face.

"P-Papa? Will they take us away?" You whispered, looking up at your father. He ruffled your hair.

"Shh, everything will be fine (Y/N). We've been through worse than this." He reassured you. Your mother held onto you tighter, staring at the closet door, as if she were waiting for something to come. The footsteps grew louder, until the door to your family's apartment slammed open. You all held your breath, holding eachother in each other's arms.

Silence filled the room, like a thick fog. You could practically hear your heart beating through your ears. Your father picked you up and set you in the back corner of the closet, behind the hanging clothes.

"No matter what happens, stay hidden. Do not come out for any reason. We love you." The closet door flew open, revealing several figures. Your mother screamed, while your father tried fighting back. Their cries were growing quieter as they were dragged off into the night.

"Papa! Mama!"

"Papa!"

You shot up from your bed, sweat dripping down your body. You frantically tried to slow your breathing. You ran a hand through your (H/L) (H/C) hair.

"It was only a dream." You placed your face into your shaky hands. Every time you have that dream the events become clearer and clearer. You wished you knew who the Wizards were who took your family away and shipped them off to some random place in the world. The entire apartment complex you lived in as a child were full of shapeshifters. Obviously someone blew their cover and decided to tell the aurors their whereabouts.

You threw the covers off of your legs and decided to get up, even though it was 5:00am. Nightmares were common for you, and as a result you were used to them. You trudged into the kitchen, plopping down onto the couch. For some reason, the man from the bakery popped into your mind, out of all things. He had this aura about him that gave you a sense of peace and comfort. You mentally cursed yourself for thinking of him in such a way.

"If he were to find out what I truly am, he wouldn't even hesitate to contact the aurors and have them drag me away." You thought aloud, brushing a strand of (H/C) hair from your face. Even though you had a deep hatred for witches and wizards, you envied them. They could produce the most beautiful things with just a measly stick. A stick. They weren't born into a life of hiding and running, no. They were born with the potential to do great things, and you hated it. There was a time you wanted to become one, but your parents explained that there was no way that you, a shapeshifter, would ever have the opportunities they were born with.

~

You arrived at the bakery as usual. Jacob was taking the customers orders, giving you a friendly nod as you entered.

Jacobs POV

I watched as (Y/N) entered the shop as usual, heading towards the kitchen. My face turned a ghostly pale as I remembered that Newt was in his briefcase in the kitchen.

"I-I'll be right back." I told the customer I was serving as I bolted towards the kitchen.

Your POV 

As you opened the door to the kitchen, you felt a hand grab onto your shoulder. You instinctively grabbed the persons arm and twisted it, earning a sharp yelp from them. Once you realized it was Jacob you immediately let him go.

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. H-How about you run the register while I go into the kitchen and prepare the sweets." He frantically replied, the words coming out in a jumbled mess. You furrowed your brows.

"Alright. Just let me get something from th-"

"No no I'll get it, what do you need?" He interrupted. You leaned towards him, causing him to break out in a sweat.

"What are you hiding in there." You pushed past him and opened the door.

"No! Don't go in there." You ignored his plea and glanced around the seemingly normal kitchen. Nothing peculiar stood out to you. You turned to Jacob, giving him a questioning look.

"There's nothing in here." You concluded as you searched the room. Your eyes landed on a briefcase on the ground. Newts case. You bent down and picked it up by the handle. "Is this what you were trying to hide? I honestly don't mind him being here if he's your friend."

"No it's not that....."

"Well what is it then?" Suddenly the case began to shake, causing you to throw it on the ground and back away. "The hell was that." The case began to shake more violently, until it unlatched itself and flung open. You slowly walked towards it, peering into the case. Newt walked out of it and shut the case. He lifted his gaze to your irritated (E/C) orbs. Jacob covered his face with his hands.

"Oh no."