Chapter 8 - Close call

A/N Hey Hey Hey! New chapter yay

I just wanted to mention that it is a good idea to follow me cause if there’s anything concerning the chapters: a delay or any news. I broadcast It on my profile but you only see it if you check my profile or follow me. You don’t have to if you don’t want to but it is a good idea. I do appreciate it when you hit that button;) and I just wanted to mention it. Anyways…

Enjoy:)

Caroline XX

***

Catherine’s P.O.V.

The pain… It reminds me of the night I discovered my powers…

I was having a nightmare. I woke up in the middle of the night because of that. What I didn’t know was that the real nightmare had just begun. My hands started to fiddle with the covers when I felt all of the sheets were completely drenched. I turned on the nightlight and almost passed out at the sight that met me. All of my bed was covered in blood I looked at my hands and up my arms; they were too covered in blood, but how? I didn’t have any wounds or any kind of source nearby that could have donated so much blood to my bed. I went in to my bathroom and turned on the lights. It burned in my eyes and I was now completely awake. The reflection I saw in the mirror was even worse than my bed. I myself was too covered in blood. My face had dried blood that looked like it had been running from wounds on my cheeks; but it had no wounds. I began to panic “This can’t be happening!” “This can’t be happening!” I repeated to myself silently while starring at my bloody reflection. Suddenly this excruciating pain hit me in my fingertips. I raised my hands to look at them and something was happening, right in front of my eyes. Slowly a silvery metal started to creep out of my fingertips on top of my nails but it didn’t stop when it was the length of my fingernails. It kept growing until it finally stopped at a length of 20 cm. “What the h-“ I scratched myself all the way along my arm. It made a deep cut and I felt everything. The pain and the blood that started to escape my veins. I looked at my new wound as it started to close up. The pain disappeared instantly after that.

It was a night of discoveries I will never forget…

 At this moment I am very thankful that I can heal up again. The pain though is still there. And it hurts a lot to get shot. The pain is worse than I think because I actually faint from it.

“”””

My eyes shoot upon immediately as something cold touches my cheek. I am tied to a chair with duct tape. Moving is impossible the tape is too strong. “Well hello there; I see you’re finally awake” it is the chief robber who is talking to me. He continues to talk “I am surprised you only fainted. Any normal human being would have bled out by now but you aren’t completely normal are you now?” I didn’t answer… “ANSWER ME!” He slaps me across my face. I don’t even flinch. He grabs his hand I pain. Of course it hurts dumbass! You’re punching skin covered indestructible metal with you’re bare hand… What else would you expect from that? My mask is still on so my identity is safe for now.

The leader looks stressed and thoughtful for a moment and then he looks as if he realizes something. “I know how I can make you speak” the boss reaches out for my mask and I try to move my head away from his hand but it’s no use. I’m tied to a chair and he is walking around freely.

I really hope Peter is free to help me before my precious identity is revealed to a filthy thief. As if he read my mind, Peter appears behind the three men standing in front of me. He obviously knows he has to help me out.

Two strings of web shoot straight at the big guys leaving the leader with me. At that exact moment I manage to free myself from the chair by cutting through the wood with my claws.

I stand up and remove the pieces of wood taped to me. Now I am the free one walking around. Without thinking any further I kick the boss right in his manhood and when he bends down to grab his pained area I knee him in the head.

All the robbers have been taken care off and the police’s jobs have just been made 100% easier for them.

Peter and I leave quickly so we don’t risk the police and their forces being used against us. With a little assistance from Spidey and his web-swinging skills we make it to the top off the empire state building.

The view is amazing. We sit on the ledge of the building with both our legs dangling high above the ground. At that moment it feels as if my mask is choking me. I have to take it off. Peter must have felt the same way because we take our masks of at the same time.

It’s the first time we really see each other. We’re both wearing our suits but no mask. I don’t know why but first now I feel like I can really trust Peter.

“Thank you for saving me” My eyes search for Peter’s eyes but they’re stuck on the city of lights. He chuckles. Now he confuses me “Did I say something funny?” “No it’s just that…” He pauses for a second and turns his face meet my eyes “Do you remember when we first met? You know as Spiderman and Catwoman” I answer him “Yeah. Why?” He looks down at the roof we’re sitting on “You told me that you didn’t need my help” I realize what he’s talking about and then I smile a little bit to myself. “Kind of amusing thinking about. Especially when you look at where we are now”. We sit in silence for a moment staring at the beautiful night sky. Peter looks at me and I look at him. It would have pretty romantic if it wasn’t for the fact that I know Peter has a girlfriend. “We do actually make a pretty good team” Peter’s eyes leave mine once he has spoken.

He’s right. I wouldn’t have been able to stop the bank robbers all by myself. “Yeah we do” I reply truthfully. “What if we made it permanent? You know like the Avengers or something. Our own alliance” “I don’t know” I pause for a second “I am used to working alone” Peter’s eyes turn hurt for a second but it quickly disappears “How about trying something new?” Once again he is right. “I guess you are right… You know what let’s do it” He brightens up with joy “Really?! This is going to be so awesome!” On the outside I smiled lightly but on the inside I was ecstatic. OMG OMG I can’t believe I just teamed up with Peter Parker! (a.k.a. Spiderman).

During my thoughts a question comes to my mind. “Is anything going to change…at school?” Most people would probably think this is a dumb question and I shouldn’t be asking this but I need some clearance. If there’s anything I dislike it is not knowing. That often leaves me asking a lot of questions. Peter thinks about my question “I hope so but we can’t hang out from day one. People will start asking questions” His answer satisfies me and I really hope he is right. That everything at school won’t be as it was before.

***

A/N Don’t forget to vote and comment. Tell me what you think;)!

Thank you so much for reading!