Where Dreams Die : Ch. 9 & 10 || Andrew John Wood

Start from the beginning

He pointed at Alec and snarled.

"Intruder! Fucking kill him!"

The junkies grinned and charged down the corridor towards him.

Alec sighed. It almost worked. Oh well, fuck it...

Alec fought them head on. Less than 30 seconds had passed and the men all lay on the floor, bleeding and groaning from broken bones.

He turned towards Grendel's door and smiled before kicking it open.

Luckily for Alec, Grendel was currently listening to loud metal music. Alec grinned as he stepped inside the apartment and slowly made his way to his target.

Grendel sat in his chair, the music blasted from the speakers, On the TV screen was an erotic amateur video that had clearly been filmed by the man who was avidly engaged in his enjoyment for the graphic rape that was displayed on the video.

Alec snarled under his breath and crept closer to his target, he tried to ignore the events that played out on the screen but couldn't. They only fueled his anger further.

Alec stood directly behind the man before he sensed his presence. He turned his head as Alec grabbed him by his throat and threw him across the room. Grendel sailed across the room and slammed into his glass coffee table. Alec reached for the remote and paused the film before he advanced on the man.

Grendel tried to scurry across the floor to what Alec assumed was a gun. He stomped down hard on his leg and winced as he heard Grendel scream and the bone snap.

As his target screamed in agony and stared at his leg, Alec reached behind the TV stand and felt the pistol taped under it.

He yanked it free and Grendel's eyes widened as he checked the magazine, flicked off the safety and aimed at his other leg.

The room exploded with noise from both the gunshot and Grendel's screams. Alec knelt next to him, aimed his gun at his hand and spoke slowly.

"I want you to pass on a message..."

"Fuck you..." Grendel cursed.

Alec smiled and spoke.

"I'm glad you said that..." He smiled as he shot Grendel in the hand.

Grendel screamed louder and Alec aimed at the other hand.

"Have anything wise to say..."

Grendel stared at the bullet shaped hole in his hand and laughed.

"You're dead... you just don't see it yet."

Alec fired the gun at his remaining hand.

Grendel cursed and ground his teeth with rage.

Alec winked at him and aimed at his kneecap and fired again.

Grendel curled himself into the fetal position and whimpered.

Alec spoke slowly again.

"Phone Luck. Give her this message and all this will stop..."

Grendel nodded and Alec passed him the phone. He began to dial in a frenzy and held it out so Alec could hear.

"What do I say?..." He asked.

Alec smiled and whispered in his ear. Grendel whimpered as the message was passed to his ears.

Luck answered in her natural foul mood...

"What the fuck do you want? Don't tell me your high on our stock again or I will tear your disease riddled cock off."