t w o

chapter two,
what doesn't kill you
isn't working.

・゚: *・゚:*

Stiles huffed and looked around the party, tugging his seraph blade closer to him. They were scouring every inch of the party and Stiles had to force himself to become someone else in this mission. He couldn't let this get personal for him if he acted like himself. As professional as he could be, he sauntered down across the dance floor and slid away from the sweaty bodies that were too close for his liking.

He bites down on the inside of his lip, spotting Isabelle disappear through the drapes that hid her body. She was probably serenading the demons that were inside and it was best if she did her job than have anyone interrupting her and accidentally getting her killed.

He ventures toward the bar, ignoring every sexual dances that couples were having on the club dance floor and leaned against the counter with his eyes on just one person.

Alec.

He didn't know what was going on with that broody shadowhunter but he was sure acting differently when he arrived here. Back at the training area where he was practicing his bow and arrow skills, he acted like the old Alec Stiles used to know but he's different now. Then he realizes that people grow up and that's what Alec did.

Maybe it was finally time for him to grow up too.

The fiery red haired girl comes back into view and Stiles wonders if this girl would stop trying to insert herself into things that she best believed was real. She should've ignored it like she should've and spent some time with her friends.

Sighing, he grips his Seraph blade in his hand when his eyes land on a demon across the room of the party and follows as he made his way toward another room where there was less people and more privacy.

Disappearing into the crowd once again, he stays in the shadows where he could go unseen.

• • •

Magnus Bane was sitting amongst various people in his secluded section of the party. The blue lights danced into their spot, creating streak of an electric blue and purple hue that illuminated their features.

The voices all around the party washed among their own silent conversation they were having with each other until Magnus spots two members from a society that should've never been here in the first place.

Removing himself from the limbs of the people, he walks down the steps and toward the two men that was standing formally by a pillar. "Circle members aren't welcome in my club." Magnus told the two guys who were dressed in suits and wore a pair of sunglasses inside the upbeat place.

"No worries, warlock. It's all ancient history." The shorter one said, sizing up the high warlock of Brooklyn.

"Really? To me, it was like a blink of an eye." His eyes turned yellow with cat-like slits going through the middle. With a small mischievous smirk dancing on his thin lips, he brings his hands up to the taller Circle member who dared to lunge at him.

Blue mist erupted from his fingertips, stopping the member before he could do any full damage without so much of a hesitation. The magic started to crush the man's throat, the moaning and choking sound gurgling in the back of his throat. Magnus has his eyes intentionally on the smaller Circle member as the sound of bones cracking sounded loudly in his ears. "We've endured worse!" The man says in a strained voice.