▪Twenty-One▪

Chris Wheeler

I unlocked the door opening it enough so whoever was on the other side can see me." you know you could of just- Sky." I blink my eyes several times to make sure I was, in fact, seeing right.

"What- what are you doing here?"

"Nice seeing you too." She lightly pushes past me letting herself in. The only reason why I'm surprised Sky's here because I asked for a divorce before I left New York.

Which is about almost two months wow. Haven't really thought about it till now.

"Awkward around all your guest like this." Sky ask tapping her nails against the counter.

I shrug my shoulders. "What are you doing here?" I ask again.

"I've heard my grandchild has arrived and I wanted to see you." She whispers the last part.

I clear my throat. "Yeah she was born about two weeks ago. I think she gets to come home tomorrow."

"What you mean? Why didn't any of you call me."

"She was born premature her lungs weren't fully formed. But she is a fighter."

"Well I didn't come here to talk about what's her name."

"You don't know your own grand daughter's name?"

"Klohe Kathy?" I look at her like she some crazy person. "Katie her name is Katie."

I scoffed but who am I to judge considering the fact I denied her all threw out Amber's pregnancy.

"Right right after my abusive mother anyways moving on tonight where going to dinner eight."

"Wait what?"

"Dinner at eight at Bourbon be there." Next thing I knew she turned on her heels exiting the apartment leaving me shocked.

---

Lex McMan

This might be the most stranges thing I've said but I considering Katie as my own daughter.And I know it probably too soon considering the fact that she's not my off spring and I've only known her mother a little over a month. But it's just something about her and I can't really explain it.

Amber looks up from the papers "I think she likes you. I think I like him too." She whispereds the last part but loud enough for me to hear.

I smile to myself looking back down at Katie cooing at her.

"You see that. I could of swore she gave me a smile even if it was just for a second."

Amber chuckles. "I told you she likes you."

"Yeah yeah you did."

I played around with Katie some more as Amber finished up the paperwork. And packing up Katie's things.

I roll my eyes as I can see Chris coming towards us. I get that he's Katie's father.But I feel like he isn't really in this for Katie. Like he's trying to get Amber to be with him again.

But I try my best to get along because I hate jealousy. Besides I trust Amber to do the right thing.

"Hi Princess." Chris says reaching towards Katie. I hesitately hand her over. Looking over at Amber as she gives me a faint smile.

"I need to tell you something." Chris spoke up looking at Amber before turning to me.

I cross my arms sitting back in the chair. After he realised that I'm not leaving he scoffs before talking again.

"Your mother is in town I'm meeting her for dinner tonight you should come."

She snorts."Yeah because that's a great idea."

"Come on we all need to talk."

"Yeah I'm pass."

I smirked a little to myself. I would be lying if I said I wanted Amber to go to that diner.I'm all about family bonding but I know if I'm not there something will go down and I won't be there to protect her. I might be stuipd for thinking that. Maybe a little over protected but I've seen what he's done with Amber. And I will be damned if he gets to do it agin. 

"Suit yourself."

---

🎉 Update 🎉