dreaming of you

written aug 18, 2017

Ever since I was a small snowflake, I've dreamed of quiet mornings and marble kitchens. I dreamed of a quaint house with flowerbeds lined against the windows. I dreamed of tea, day to night, and healthy meals to keep me happy. I dreamed of minimalist rooms and white walls. I dreamed of copic markers and prismacolors.

I dreamed of driving aimlessly in the middle of the night, music blasting and hearts free. I dreamed of beaches and forests, and everything in between, and most of all, I dreamed of the night sky when the stars were plenty, and the morning mist when the grass was dewy. I dreamed of browsing pastel clothes shops and writing in coffee shops.

I dreamed of so much, yet not once did I stop to think that I'd ever find someone like her. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd find someone as inviting, careful, loyal, and loving as her. I've dreamed of so much before, but then everything changed and all I could think of was her, even at such a young age.

At first, our love was reluctant and mild. And then, after time had passed and two months turned to 2 years, I felt it even more with her. I stopped dreaming, and started to feel. I saw forests in her eyes, felt the sun in her hands and oceans of her love.

Suddenly, it was junior year and I had starry nights and dewy mornings with her. Nights where we would lay outside under the big willow tree we shared, and would look at the stars in each other's eyes, and would occasionally look up. Mornings where birds chirped soft as our heartbeats as we watched the sunrise together in awe. The gold hues and the light atmosphere of the sky became our love; pure gold, light as feathers.

Junior year became senior, and midnight became driving aimlessly to our favorite music, hearts free yet snared by each other. Senior year to college, and time passed more. Moving out, and i knew what came next. We had simple everything in that house; we didn't need much but each other. It was the first night that i realized that i was living all my dreams, except it wasn't my hard work that payed off.

It was her, as i realize now. No matter how i started off, i would find her and she would find me. We always found each other. She made ideals realities, and it started off with a simple but prominent part of my life: dreams. i'll always be dreaming of her.