The Devil Saves a Life

(Time skip)
Maou POV
After the authorities showed up the girl, Lilith, was rushed to the hospital. Once we'd gotten there and the bullet was removed the doctor came to us.
"There was luckily no internal damage, but she's lost a lot of blood." He said looking at his clipboard.
"Is there anything we can do?" Emi asked. The doctor nodded and looked over at me.
"You're Mr Sadou Maou right?" I nodded in reply. "Well from what this paperwork is saying you two have the same blood type. It may be a bit short notice but, I'd recommend that we get her a transfusion as soon as possible and seeing as you are the only one here with compatible blood..." He trailed off.
"I see so you want me to give blood, is that what you're saying?" I asked in an even tone. The doctor nodded silently.
"Maou-" Emi began but I cut her off saying,
"I'll do it."
"Excellent, I'll go inform a nurse please wait here while we prepare a room." The doctor said as he left the room.
Emi POV
I stared at Maou in pure disbelief.
"You idiot! What were you thinking?!" I all but shrieked at him. He walked up to me and grabbed my arms.
"Look I know that there's never been a demon-human blood transfusion before and that we don't know what kind of consequences it'll have but she got hurt on my watch so it's my responsibility to do whatever I can to help." He said his amber eyes full of intensity. I felt myself blushing as I looked away and mumbled an 'I understand..'. He let go and walked over to her and grabbed her hand.
(Time skip)
"Mr. Sadao if you'd please follow me." A nurse said before walking back out of the room.
"Keep an eye on her,Kay?" Maou asked as he followed her. I nodded solemnly. I sat in a chair by the bed and ended up rambling about Ente Isla until the doctor came back in with Maou in tow holding a juice box.
"Well Mr. Sadao once we get the blood into her we'll be sure to let you know how soon she can be released." The doctor said shaking hands with Maou.
"Right thanks." With that the doctor left and a few minutes later they wheeled her out for the transfusion.(A/N I don't know how they actually do them so I'm just saying that it can't happen in the room, it may not actually be how it works.)