I'm Batman

"Dean, hurry up!" the small brown-haired boy called to his older brother, rushing out into the backyard with his Batman costume on.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Dean came stumbling through the back door, adjusting his red briefs that he had over his blue tights that he had used for Halloween.

The boys whizzed around the backyard as kids will do. They played practice battles, like they were the superheroes that they were disguised as. Sam pretended to use his batarang, which Dean then melted into glop with his laser vision. To get better ground, Dean looked up towards the top of the shed.

He decided to climb it, and he stood heroically at the top. Sam whined, being too short to climb up, to which a small boy in a trench coat shyly entered the backyard from the gate.

"Cas!" Sam ran over to him, "Can you help me up?" he asked, pointing up to the shed where his brother stood.

The boy smiled, "Sure, come here," Castiel stood at the bottom of the shield, ready to raise the other boy.

Sam excitedly leaped from the boy's cupped hands and pulled himself over the edge and stood up next to his brother. Castiel soon joined them, yet he still didn't know what they were up to up here.

"So, what are we doing?" Castiel questioned.

"Superheroes can fly. So, I'm going to show Sam that I'm better than Batman by flying," Dean smirked.

Sure enough, he leapt off the shed, landing on his feet on the ground, "Did you see that?"

"That wasn't flying, Cas, show him how it's done!" Sam giggled.

"But, I'm not Batman," Castiel reminded.

"Then who are you dressed as?" Sam cocked his head.

Castiel examined himself, "An angel."

"Well," Sam continued, "Angels can fly."

Castiel gulped and looked over the edge of the shed, about a six foot jump. He closed his eyes and walked off the edge. After a few moments, there were gasps piercing the air. Castiel opened his eyes, to see the two brothers staring at him in awe, seeing as he was floating in the air, black wings spread out from his back.

"My turn!" Sam eagerly ran off the edge, but fell straight to the ground, "Ow!"

Sam squirmed on the grounding, wailing in pain while he gripped his arm frantically. Dean immediately went to his brother's side, examining his arm.

"I think it's broken," Dean looked up at Cas, fear reflecting in his eyes.

Castiel floated gracefully to the ground and walked over to the boys, kneeling down besides Sam. He held out two fingers and pressed them to Sam's arm. A small white light flashed, and when it cleared, Sam's arm was back to normal. The brothers looked at their friend in complete wonder and amazement.

"Are you Superman?"Sam asked with innocent eyes.

"No," Castiel smiled, "I'm an angel."

"Why are you here?" the boys cocked their heads.

"To watch over you. A woman named Mary sent me." the angel beamed at the boys.

"Is Mommy with the angels?" Sam inquired.

"Yes, she is, and she sends her love."

*** Okay, this one was short, but if you watched the most recent episode of Supernatural, you know where I got the idea for this one**