August Alsina : Not An Ordinary Love - Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

" Nigga don't be popping her on her forehead like that. " I chuckled.

" I'll do it again. See. " he said doing it again but this time Keira's pointer finger moved.

" Bruh did you see that shit!? " I exclaimed getting up and going to Keira's side.

" See what? I popped her on the forehead and nothing happened. See. " he said doing it again and once again Keira's pointer finger moved.

I grabbed her hand and held it.

" Keira baby if you can hear me squeeze my hand. " I said.

She tried with all her strength to squeeze my hand but she couldn't. " My nigga waking up. " Lloyd beamed hitting Keira on her forehead for the third time causing Keira to huff. Well she tried.

" Stop. Go get the nurse and tell her Keira is waking up. " I said.

" Okay. " he nodded before leaving.

" Keira can you open your eyes? If you can't lift your finger up. " I asked.

She lifted her finger slowly. " Do you know who I am? " I asked.

She tried to nod her head yes but it was hard for her. " Okay. Just relax for now. " I told her.

I was smiling from ear to ear. After 8 months Keira is finally waking up. " Bitch will you bring yo slow ass on. My motherfucking nigga is waking up and yo ass wanna take ya time. Hurry the fuck up hoe. " Lloyd said to the nurse who was slowly trailing behind him.

I laughed and then looked at Keira who was smiling.

After a while Keira opened her eyes which caused me to almost cry. " Come here. " she said hoarsely.

I walked near her and she signaled for me to come closer so I bent down to her level. " Don't cry baby. Ima be alright. " she smiled.

I nodded my head and wiped my face and then the doctor came in.

" Well Keira I'm glad you're up. I'm going to get straight to it. I hate to say it but you're temporally paralyzed. Of course you'll have to do therapy to get you walking again. Other than that I have to say you made a lot of progress. I honestly thought you wouldn't make it but you pulled through. Do you have any questions? " he said.

" How long will I be paralyzed? " she asked lowly.

" I can't say. It could be a few weeks, days, months, maybe even a few years but you will walk again. The bullet didn't damage your spine. Just struck a couple of nerves. '' He said.

" Okay. When can I leave? " she asked trying not to cry.

" I'll say maybe in 3 more weeks you can go home. Any more questions? '' he asked.

She shook her head no before letting it drop down. Once the doctor left she began crying softly.

" Baby it's gone be okay. Ima be here with you every step of the way. I promise I won't make you go through this alone. " I said holding her in my arms.

" At least that explains why I can't feel my lower half. " she sniffled.

" Keira I promise ima make this as easy as I can for you. I got you. " I said.

" Promise? " she asked.

" I promise. I ain't going no where. I didn't go no where when you was laid up in here for 8 months so I'm not going anywhere now and you got my word. " I said kissing her forehead.