Chapter 1

Armin slammed the door closed to the chemisty room and Mikasa helped him put a table in front of the door. Eren was holding the bite on his arm in pain, "What the fuck were those things?!" he screamed in agony.

Armin caught his breath and looked at his friends bleeding arm, a grave look on his face. "Remember that game we played together? "Left For Dead" was it? I think whatever those are in the game, are the same as what bit you."

Eren laughed and Mikasa frowned. "Zombies aren't real Armin. It was probably just a man with rabies."

Armin shrugged and helped Eren to a sink so they could wash out the wound before he ripped the bottom of his shirt so he could wrap up Eren's bite. Eren hissed. "If there is a chance that that was a zombie, how did it get in? Why aren't I feeling anything? Why-"

"It probably changed in the school or was just an unlucky soul who got infected without us knowing . . . what was your father working on again?"

"I . . . don't know. He was super secretive about it. Never liked us snooping around his projects. All he said was that it would change the world, maybe make it a better place."

Armin nodded and Mikasa looked grave. "We need weapons and we need to get out of here."

Armin nodded and helped her look around. Eren hissed and tried getting up. Mikasa barked at him, ordering him to rest and with a frown, he did.

After what seemed like a while, Armin and Mikasa were able to craft fairly formable weapons from the lab. A few molotovs, and bat-like objects. Armin took one and slowly helped Eren stand. Mikasa took the front and easily slid the table out of the way. She peeked out and nodded to Armin before the trio slowly made their way.

The hallways were eeriely quiet and they couldn't hear anything besides their quiet footsteps. Armin and Eren trailed behind Mikasa who was making sure the coast was clear. She turned a corner to go down the stairs and had to quickly stop herself before she stepped on a zombie that was snacking on a fellow student. She let out a gasp and the zombie looked up at her. It looked like a regular student but the eyes were glazed over and blank. Blood was on their face and dripped out of it's mouth. It slowly stood and she snapped out of her shock, running back to Eren and Armin who were closer than she though. Armin accidentally let out a yelp when she almost ran into them and he quickly covered his mouth but the deed was done.

Mikasa quickly took Eren's injured side and helped him to the closest room. She could hear the zombies, or whatever they were, groans griwing closer to where they were. She ran to the door and yanked on the handle, to find the door locked. She pounded on it, hoping that whoever was inside would save them. Slowly, they were being surrounded by fellow students who all had blank eyes. Some with bites, some with chunks of skin missing. She recognized them all, thanks to being in student council, but she didn't. It was like watching a horror movie. Eren and Armin helped pound on the door, even shouting for help the closer they drew. Then, the door opened.