Cora's P.O.V

The Marauders, Shad, Missy, Austin, Mollie, and I were going to open our presents in the Entrance Hall together, so as soon as I woke up, I went staight to breakfast where all the others were.

"Merry Christmas. " I said happily as I sat beside Sirius.

Then I noticed something in the pocket of his robes.

"Sirius, is that my notebook?" I demanded.

"You dropped it last night outside of the common room. "

"Well can I have it back now?"

"I think I will keep it and read it." he grinned.

"Sirius! You promised you wouldn't read it or pick on me for it till I said you could!"

"Promises change."

"Sirius! I thought I could trust you on that!"

Sirius's P.O.V

I don't see what the big deal is about with the book.

"Come on, it's not that major." I sighed.

"It is to me. And I thought I could trust you with stuff like that. I thought you would be a good friend. I guess your brother was right, and so were Malfoy and Lily." she replied angrily,  then she walked away.

"Sirius, you probably should have jusr given it back." James told me quietly.

"I don't understand what the big deal is. It's just a notebook."

"Obviously it matters to her."

"She'll get over it."

We all got our presents and went to the Entrance Hall.

When Cora arrived, she wouldn't look at me, let alone sit near me.

We all opened our presents, and I was disappointed to see that I hadn't gotten one from Cora, but oh well.

What stung, though, was that when she left, my present to her was still laying there wrapped.

That disappointed me. I spent an hour finding that for her, and it wasn't cheap either.

Around lunchtime, she didn't even come out of the common room with the others.

Actually, she did, she just didn't go to the Great Hall, she went to the Astronomy tower.

I thought I might go talk to her, since Mollie, Austin, and Missy couldn't get her to talk to them, but I realized she probably is not happy with me right now.

Then I got an idea.

"Hey Lily, could you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Depends." replied the girl James had a major crush on.

"On what?"

"What it is and how desprate you are."

"Well, it's about Cora, I've been trying to apologize for this morning, but I can't very well do that if she won't speak to me, and the thing is, I don't even think she's upset about just the book. I think there is something else."

"Ok, fine. But if she won't talk to her friends, what makes you think she would talk to me?"

"It will catch her off guard when you ask."

"Where is she?"

"Astronomy tower." Austin said, joining the conversation.

"Ok, I'll go after lunch."