Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Renesmay’s POV

It was Friday after school and Melissa was at my house, we were just chilling.

“So Renesmay are you planning to go to the football game tonight?

“Ummm why would I go, all of the annoying Reelz are probably going to be there like always and I don’t even want to deal with them.”

“So you should still go. Come on please, I’m going will you come with?”

“Nope.”

“Come-on Renesmay pleeeaaassseee.”

“No”

“Pleaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee.”

“No Melissa, why do you want me to go so bad?”

“Because maybe it will lift both of our spirits”

“Yeah totally. Seeing your ex and the guy that will never be mine will totally make us feel batter. You’re a genius (note the sarcasm).”

“Don’t be sarcastic Renesmay come on. Do it for me.”

“Oh don’t pull the ‘do it for me’ card.”

“I’m, going to keep bugging you to.”

“How many times do I have to say no for you to leave me alone about it?”

“No amount will ever stop me!”

We both laughed

“Okay fine, but if I go and I am not having fun you must let me leave at anytime that I want.”

“Okay sounds like a deal.”

“Melissa, can you help me pick out an outfit?”

“Um of course!”

We went through like ten different outfits until I found the perfect one. Just like all of the other times I try and find something to wear my room ends up in a mess. Classic girl problems. I ended up wearing light blue shorts with a cut off black shirt that said American eagle on it and I wore my favorite black vans. Then Melissa and I walked to her house to pick out her outfit and do her hair. By the time we left to the football game it looked like it was about to start raining. Of course the day I do my hair nice it decides to rain, oh well.

We go to the football field and met up with some of our friends. The game had already started because we were a little late. We walked all the way up the bleachers to almost the top row and we sat down. I looked around and saw the usual crowd of people, the Reelz all the way in the front, the band on the left, the crazy fan girls right in the middle drooling over some of the hottest football players, and then there was us in the back. We were the ones that weren’t really classified as anything. We were kind of the inbetweeners.

After halftime: I had been standing there in the bleachers trying to have a good time but I just couldn’t. By now there was practically a hurricane out but they kept playing because there was no spotting lightning or thunder out. I can’t help but stare at Jake on the field. I wish he was mine so bad but I know that will never happen.

“Hey, Melissa I think I am going to leave now. I really am not having a good time.”

“Wait please don’t leave, just stay for the rest of the game. There isn’t much left. And once it ends you can leave right away if you want.”

“No I’m sorry Melissa I will see you later, I really don’t want to stay. I will see you later bye.”

Melissa’s POV

No, she can’t leave yet Jake hasn’t done whatever it is he was planning to do! He better hurry up before she leaves!

Renesmay’s POV

I take a last look at Jake before I start to head down the stairs from the bleachers, except this time was different. This time he was actually looking back at me.