Chapter 3

Renesmay's

One day later

"Are you sure Melisssa? Will this really work?" I asked her at lunch.

"Renesmay stop asking so many questions, it WILL work."

"Okayyyy."

A couple hours later

The bell had just rang and school had been dismissed. Game on. Melissa was in charge of distracting Brittany while I told Jake how I really felt about him and hopefully got him to change his mind about Brittany.

"Hey Jake." I said "Do you got a moment?"

"Sure."

"Come with me."

I was taking him to a private garden behind the cafeteria and we sat down on a bench.

 "Why did we come here?" Jake asked

"There's something important I have to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Well...ummm...this may sound shocking but...."

"Hold on real quick, let me respond to a text Brittany just sent me."

"Okay" I responded in a scared mood. I was scared because what if Brittany was asking him where he was, hopefully Melissa was distracting her good enough.

"Okay, so what did you have to tell me?"

"Well" I said "I really like you, and I don't think Brittany is the right girl for you, she is mean, annoying, and a bully. You have none of those characteristics, you guys are completely different. She's not the right girl for you, I am."