“Oh. My. God. Yes.” She giggles.

“Well sit at the table.” She motions towards a chair and leaves and comes back with a giant photo album labeled Memories.

 “Let’s begin.” Shine says excitedly. After a few minutes Shine finds a picture of Phillip’s dad for the first time.

“Oh my goodness!” Shine exclaims.

“What is it? Shine?” she then looks down and notices the picture. “Yeah Phillip’s father. He looks just like him. The only difference is their hair lengths; Phillip never wants to cut it because he’d be a spitting image of him.”

Just when they were about to flip to the next page, I pipe in saying “I hate that bastard! I never want to look like him ever!! I don’t even know how you could’ve loved such a man mom… wait he isn’t a man, a man would’ve stayed and raised his family!”

“Oh, Phil Pill it’s what was meant to happen honey.” My face instantly turned Voltorb red from hearing my mom’s pet name for me.

“Mom! Don’t call me that in front of Shine.”

“Oh, sorry dear.” She chuckles.

“It doesn’t bother me any Phil Pill!” She teases.

“Then it doesn’t bother me any Sunshine.” I snap back. Shine tosses me an evil glare.

“Shine was wondering if you could hang out with her today but I don’t know if I should let you, because how rude you were to me.” She says as she glares at me.

“What’s with girls and glaring at me geez!”

“Phillip be nicer!” Shine snaps at me. “Don’t worry Ms. Grey I’ll show him how to be respectful.”

“Mum, I promise I’ll be more respectful.” I say convincingly.

“You can go! Here’s some money to buy me some Bluk Berries if you guys head to Silax City.” She hands me about a thousand dollars.

“Mom, Bluk Berries aren’t this expensive.” I whisper to her.

“I know, Shine’s dad told me about what her mom did and I agreed that you should go with her. I love you Phil Pill.” She whispers to me while giving me a hug. I didn’t want this hug to ever end but I knew we had to leave very soon. A few tears ran down my cheek as I bid farewell to the life I knew so well.

“I love you mom!” I yell one last time before I run out of the door to catch up to Shine.

“So, uh where should we go first Phillip?”

“To Silax City, that’s where the closest gym leader is.”

“Isn’t it exciting to actually be Pokémon trainers finally?”

“Well we still need to register to get our IDs but yeah it’s exciting travelling with you.” I smile towards her.

“Yeah, you’re right! Plus you still need a Pokémon of your own.” She says while hiding her blushing face.

“True, speaking of Pokémon catching do you think I could have the bag and ultra-balls that you got for me?”

“Yeah, here ya go.” She says while tossing my bag to me.

“Woot! I’m so excited to catch my first Pokémon!” I yell as we reach the outskirts of the town.

“Phillip, so uh what type of gym is Silax city’s?”

“Hmm… I think it’s a grass type gym.”

“Okay I should be fine with my Dratini then. Dad wrote me a note with all of his moves he knows.” She says while handing me the scrap piece of paper. I skim over it for a bit.