Chapter 29

Dom's P.O.V 

 I watched Lexi and Letty walk off together to get ready to race.

Hopefully it won't turn into a fight.

"Dom. What do you think you're doing?" Vince asked.

"What do you mean?" I answered looking him

"With Lexi?" He said.

I nodded knowing that this was coming, I just couldn't decide who would do it first.

Vince or Mia.

"I......I don't know man. I know that I love her. She was the first girl I ever loved. But Letty, I love her too. I can't just drop Letty and go straight to Lexi. She may not even stay. You heard what she was saying. She could be called away at any moment."

"But still. By not choosing. You're telling them both that you don't love one more than the other so, no matter what one you choose they are both going to be hurting."

"I don't know what to do?"

"Well why don't we have a little test shall we? When you think of girls and cars who do you think of?"

"Both."

Vince sighed.

"When you think of making a girl smile who do you think of?"

"Letty."

"When you think of marriage who do you think of?" 

"Lexi."

"When you think of children who do you think of?"

"Lexi."

"When you think of sharing a room with someone. And arguing who gets to do the dishes who do you think of?" 

"Lexi."

"Then I think you have your answer."

"Hey guys what you talking about?" Lexi asked walking up with Letty with her hands on her hips.

"Just trying to convince Dom here to race. Get some money." Vince said walking over to Lexi putting his arm around her.

I know there's no need to be jealous, Vince told me that the only reason he's been hugging her and smiling at her and always having his arm around her. Is to make sure she doesn't feel left out. But I also knew that he did care about her as well.

"You should do it. Dom. You and I both know that you can't whip all these amateurs' asses. You may as well make some money out of it." Lexi said.

Mia must have told her about how bad the shop's been going.

"Nah. I just want to watch. Who won?" I asked trying to move the conversation.

Mia shouldn't have told Lexi about the shop. I don't like pity. Especially from people I care about.

"Well who do you think?" Letty said walking over to the tool set and sitting on it.

"I...." I said trying to think who would have won. Letty's good and so is Lexi.

"I did Dom." Lexi said making it easy for me.

"Oh so what in two races and you've already got 4 thousand?"

"I don't need money Dom. My boss pays me real good." She said with that look in her eye.

That look of pity that look you give a little boy when his dog dies.