chapter 9

Parking my car in the underground park bay, I ran up the stairs to my apartment. I locked the door behind me and placed both of the photos I took from Dom's into the photocopier and climbed into the shower. 

I dressed myself in my less glamorous clothing only because I didn't want to ruin them by going to the garage.
Putting on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a black midriff tank top and loose skin coloured cardigan. Paired with a pair of my black ankle boots and my sisters gold cross. I applied a minimal amount of makeup and tied my hair up in a loose bun leaving strands on my curls to frame my face.

Once the photos were done being developed I stuck them on my wall among my many other photos, which included family photos of my cousin Sam and his family and Tay. This wall however was one kept hidden behind a large swinging painting on my wall, to protect their identities from anyone who may come across my apartment.

I poured a bowl of cereal and ate while I read reports that had been uploaded to my computer, both from my boss and from my friends back in England.

After finishing the bowl and the reading and started a little housework, washing the dishes, doing the clothes washing, and grocery shopping. While returning phone calls and making appointments.

As they say, there ain't no rest for the wicked.

After getting back home I typed out some documents that HE wanted me to do, as well as returning emails.

I was folding the washing when I got another call from England, but not from the same person.

"Hey Talia, what's up?" I answered putting her on speaker while I sorted out my washing.

"What's up is that once you get back here you are never leaving again." She said in a serious tone, though I knew she was just slightly annoyed.

"What? Chaos among the inmates?" I joked.

"No you just can't leave me, I'm a techy I'm not meant to do your job!"

"I know and I owe you big time, promise. When I get back I'll convince the boss man to let you have a mini holiday and I'll find a temp for you."

"You better, I'm driving myself insane here without you. Remind me again how long you are going to be gone?" She said sounding exasperated. "Oh right you didn't give a specific time on when you would be back."

"You better not be abandoning me because you know I'll cyberly kick your ass." She threatened.

I laughed folding the last of the clothing.

"No I'm not abandoning you, I promise. I've been gone... what a month? I'll be back within the next two months." I said thinking about my limited time with my family.

"Another two months? What are you trying to do to me? Are you trying to kill me?" She said almost yelling through the speaker.

"No Talia, don't worry about it, you'll be fine, just stick to what you know. Plus you've got Lockie there and Kyle. Please hold down the fort for a little longer. I just have to sort a few things out here, then I'll be on my back to you guys."

"Alright, alright. I need to go one of the guys is doing a food run and I'm dying for doughnuts."

"Now that would be an interesting way to be remembered, dying for doughnuts." I joked.

"Ha, ha. By the way have you heard from HIM?"

"I have actually, yeah why?"

"Well he's not here."

I slowly what I was doing.

"What do you mean, he's not there. Like not in the building? Or not in the country?"

"I just mean, I haven't seen him today at all and I don't want to ask where he is and get in the middle of something."

"Alright, thanks for the heads up. Go get your doughnuts I'll talk to you later." I  said hanging up the phone.

This was concerning, what was he doing if he wasn't at the business.

I put the rest of the washing away and grabbed what I needed.
I made my way back down to my car, turning the volume up as loud as I needed it to be to silence the thoughts spinning around in my head.

The place that I was going was the place where Dom and I had fixed up so many cars, we fought and joked around and had so many fine memories with Tay and Vince and Mia. It was the place where we had our first kiss and our last.