ONS 31

***

G A B R I E L L A

I woke up feeling dizzy and roamed my eyes in the room where I was. I am perfectly sure that I am at my condo unit, in my bed, and I am currently having a hangover.

Napahawak ako sa sintido at agad na kinuha ang phone para i-check sila mommy sa hospital. Everything seems normal, and my two ate's are in there, which makes me calm.

"Good morning sleepy head."

My eyes widened when I saw Miley at my door "Why are you here?!"

Napangiwi siya at tinarayan ako "You stupid, you were drank last night and can't remember anything?!"

I tried my best to remember what happened last night but I was having a hard time remembering it. Ang huli ko lang na naalala ay lasing na ako at nagkwekwentuhan kami ni Kent.

"Yeah, I didn't." I answered her and went to my bathroom and did my routine. She was standing at my door when suddenly someone again appeared beside her "The heck Frances! You're also here?!"

Nagkatinginan silang dalawa at inirapan ako "My gosh, really this girl."

I pouted and wiped my face with a towel. "I'm sorry, that was the time I just unwided."

"Unwind? Sa office ni Kent Verano?" Miley asked, "I am a fan of his ha, but really? I'm gonna believe you kung nasa office ka ni Maverick nag lasing."

I shook my head "There's nothing about us if that's what you're thinking. I just needed the liquor and besides nasiraan ako ng kotse! I called you and Frances! Hindi kayo sumasagot!"

"Hey girl, Maverick does exist." Frances said and pinched my cheeks "He's one call away!"

"He's not." I answered which confused them. So on the way to the kitchen, and while they prepared some food for me, I told them everything.

"My god! I don't know kung kanino ako kakampi!" Frances gave me a bowl of macaroni soup.

"Ako, kay Gabriella ako kakampi. The only person she has when Tito arrived at the hospital and was with her is Kent. Though, I am also with Maverick kasi he has the right to be jealous."

I rolled my eyes "Balimbing."

She chuckled and sat in front of me "Pero ha, Kent was so kind to us yesterday. He even offered us a ride, kasi we just took a taxi when he called through your phone eh. We were at the bar with kuya Froi, but since they were already drunk, we decided to go to you."

He did?

"Sa susunod kasi, call us." Said Frances "We wouldn't want you to be alone, drinking again."

I pouted "I'm sorry, next time."

We chatted and later prepared to go to the hospital. It's the weekend and I am looking forward to the kid's visit. Nakasanayan na kasi na bumisita sila every weekend, and my mom was so happy about it every time they visit lalo na kapag sabay sabay kami kakain.

On the way to the hospital, driving Miley's car, I received a phone call that Hugo had just died. My hands were trembling, and Miley drove as fast as she could. When we get there, mom's crying and saying sorry for the loss of Hugo with his family. We just stood there, sharing sympathy. I am heartbroken, he's the only person who can tell us what really happened, and who might be the person behind it. He's my daddy's right hand, and he knows all of his transactions with other people, people that hated him, and might be the suspects behind the shooting.

We guided mom to go back to dad's VIP room. She was crying again, pleading to dad to not give up. My ate's were guiding her, and we cried together with her.