Chapter 1: First Day

*Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.*

"Ugh," I mumbled as I rolled over to turn off the dreadful noise.

Today was my first day of high school, and I didn't want to be late. I slowly got out from under my soft blankets, and felt the cool air in my bedroom. The air made me get a chill so I decided to put on my robe to keep me warm. I walked into the bathroom and started getting ready. 

"Wonder what kind of people there is going to be? Will they be nice? Am I going to make any friends?" are some of the thoughts that filled my head. 

After I finished brushing my teeth and putting on make up, I went back to my room to pick out the perfect first day outfit. I dug through my closet unearthing all my clothes, trying to find something decent to wear. Eventually, I found a fitting pair of jeans and a red shirt to go with it. I added a pair of red high tops, some jewelry, and put my hair in a messy bun with a headband. I looked in the mirror and I was all set. I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. I could smell a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. My curious self, decided to go find out what it was. In the kitchen I found my mom and freshly baked muffins. 

"Be careful, they might still be hot," my mother warned me as I picked one up. I took a small bite.

"Ooh, strawberry," and gave her a slight grin, "Delicious." I kept eating the muffin all the way until I got the bus stop. Then, I threw it in our neighbors yard. I didn't want to look unprepared when the bus got here. 

It took like ten minutes of waiting, but the bus finally got here. The doors opened and I could hear the other kids. Laughter, yelling, gossiping, and just casual talking. I stepped inside the bus and saw all different looking people. How could I choose someone to sit with? I slowly made my way through the isle. All of a sudden the bus driver took off, and I went flying. I bumped into a seat with two girls.

"Oh sorry about that," I shakily said. They both stared up at me and looked almost identical. 

"No problem girl," one said. I tried to give a small smile back, but before I could say anything else the other girl started talking. 

"I am Perry and this is my twin sister, Cassie." 

"Oh, nice to meet you guys. I am Alyce," I replied. 

"Come sit with us!" Cassie said. I squeezed in the seat with them and sat down. I just waited for the bumpy drive to be over and us to get to school. 

"Everyone off!" the bus driver screamed. 

"I guess we'll see you around," the twins exclaimed. I walked off the bus and saw so many people. It was almost overwhelming. I started walking to the main door, just to look like I wasn't completely lost. When I opened the door to school and walked in, it was like a crazy house. There was so much noise, laughter, couples, groups of friends, nerds, the jocks, the popular's. By the end of the day I had to find at least one group to be friends with. 

I pulled out a piece of paper from my backpack with my classes and locker number on it. My locker was #88. As I looked around I couldn't find any numbers close to 88. Great. I'm not in the right hallway. Now I had no clue where my locker was.

My first day was already starting out bad.