Chapter 14: First Dance

Dammit! It's already 2AM and I'm still wide awake.

It fvckin bothers me! What the hell? I rolled my body in queen-sized bed. Wynwyn was tight sleeping.

Why in the hell we have the same dorm living? Why is it of all the schools he will work, why in Manhattan and right exactly he is my instructor? And why after 4 years, he doesn't even recognize me? I don't effin' care to tell him though!

A bunch of whys?

Why my heart still throbbing? I spread my arms and legs and I looked up in the dim ceiling. A flashback narrates itself.

***Flashback***

(4 years ago)

"Whoah.. my pretty little Yanna! Believe ka na sa makeover ko sa'yo, sissy? Pang Next Top Model!''Chanel said. Yanna my nick.

I look myself in front of the mirror. Psh. Like a piggy with newly-ironed hair and make up. Wearing a long splendid black gown.

I'm 16 a highschool senior. Yeah, I'm fat, anti-social, always alone, always been humiliated because of my figure but only Ate Chanel has treated me the most beautiful girl. I love her although we often meet secretly because of my parents' prohibition.

''Ate Chanel, I won't go to the prom. Mabo-bore lang ako dun!''I insisted.

"Look Yanna, you're the most beautiful girl in the prom! Tingnan mo nga, we're more like a twin! Iuuwi mo pa yung title.''Chanel hugged me. She's very sweet. Dito ako sa room niya, Tita Veronica is out of town while Tito Mon nasa Cebu.

"Ikaw talaga Ate! You always joke! Wala naman akong sinabi sayo, you're the Ms. SE University and I? Oh, I don't need to say.'' I said.

She's my idol, my bestfriend and my goddess sister. She looks like an angel, eye-catcher, head-turner, gorgeous and I'm quite the total opposite version. She's taking BSN while his boyfriend is also her schoolmate. I rarely see her lover, only we often talk about him.

A sound of horn from a car.

"Oh, sino yun?" I asked at dumungaw sa window.

"And to complete the total prom night. I brought you an escort to drive you there.''Chanel said, dumungaw siya sa window and she waved her hand to the man outside the white Chevrolet Corvette.

"Ate?" How sweet of her to ask her boyfriend to drive for me. Kaya lang I'm a bit shy. Kuya Khalil and I are not that close. Look at myself, a piggy in a long black gown. Pinapunta niya sa sala si Kuya Khalil.

"Yanna! Labas na d'yan! Gusto ka nang makita ni Khalil!" she shouted.

Makita? Nakakahiya. Nakasilip ako sa slightly close na pinto ng kwarto. Nasa second floor ako and I can see them very sweet sa sala. Bagay na bagay talaga sila. Parehong goodlooking.

Talagang nakabihis pa siya ng pang-amerikana, black slacks and and black leather shoes. Lalo siyang naging mas attractive. Sana katulad na lang niya yung partner ko sa prom, if ever I would have one.

"Yanna! Tawag ka na ng driver mo!"Chanel laughed out loud. Khalil pulled her back to sofa.

"What do you call me? Ah driver?"he lay Ate Channel down the sofa. They stared each other's face.

"Eh totoo naman ah, hindi ka nga prepared, naka-suit. Nice!''Ate Chanel pulled Kuya Khalil's tie.

"Ikaw kaya ang mas mukang driver."Kuya Khalil pinched Ate Chanel's nose.