Chapter Six

I opened my eyes to see I was in bed, on top of my comforter, but underneath a blanket. Next to me, on my bedside table was my two pills and a glass of water. I looked down to make sure I was still in the same clothes as yesterday, releasing a sigh of relief when I discovered that no one had changed my clothes while I was unconscious.

Flipping my feet off the side of the bed as I sat up, I took both pills at once and swallowed a gulp of water. I sat on the edge of my bed for a second, noticing the house was awfully quiet. I crept down the stairs to where the kitchen was and only found a mess left behind from breakfast. I furrowed my eyebrows as I made my way to Elton's room, creaking the door open slightly. his laptop caught my eye as I realized he was editing a video for YouTube. He smiled, then gave me the I'll be done later look. I shut the door with a huff and searched around for the others. I finally found Colby and Sam in the backyard filming a video for 'Sam and Colby'.

"Hey, guy-"

"Shhh! Its a wild Katelin in her wild habitat." Colby said, turning the camera to face me. I caught a glimpse of myself in the viewfinder ad was utterly disgusted at my appearance as my hair was sticking out in all different directions, I had some mascara creating a home on my under eyes and I was wearing Sam's sweatshirt from last night which was a couple sizes too big.

"Ah, Colby! stop!" I yelled, pushing his camera away. "I look like I just rolled out of bed."

"Yeah, and to be honest, it's kinda cute." Sam interrupted.

I rolled my eyes, trying to keep my smile at bay. "No filming me."

Colby put his hands on his hips, "Then go back inside." He said sternly, though I knew he was kidding by the look on his face.

I put my hands up in defeat and trudged back inside. I went back upstairs and knocked on Corey's door.

"Whaaaaat?" he groaned.

"Corey, open up! It is important." I said to the door that divided us.

I heard him sigh, then stumble around before coming to open the door. When he opened it, he was shirtless with only bugs bunny pajama bottoms on.

"What?" he asked, groggily.

"Nice pants." I laughed.

"Thanks," He laughed, "What's up?"

"Well everyone is busy and I'm bored and there's nothing on TV until SpongeBob at 3:00pm" I explained.

"Kate, It's not even noon. I'm so tired, we can hang out later. I promise." He said.

"Oh...well, do you know where Aaron is?"

"He left early this morning to fly home for the weekend." he said, smiled, then shut his door once more.

I sighed, heading back to the loft and plopping down on the beanbag chairs like I did the first day I was here. I wondered if my dad was having fun in Europe and a part of me wished I was there right now. For whatever reason, being here in LA was making me feel trapped. I had barely been outside the four walls of the house since I arrived there and what was once a seemingly huge house, was now small and lonely.

I looked around the room, noticing everything. It was composed of one staircase, four large windows, two smaller windows, two hallways on either side, the door to Corey's room, a painfully boring, white ceiling and 3.5 painfully boring, white walls. The two brown beanbag chairs were in the corners by the large windows and there was a white shag throw carpet on the floor next to them. There was an oblong coffee table that sat in between the two chairs and the two small windows were directly across from the beanbags.