Chapter 1

"Hey!" she yelled as I pulled her into my lap.

"Hey, yourself." I replied.

"Leave the new girl alone, Riley," my best friend Matt said to me. "You can just slap him if you want to Carla."

Carla blushed a bright red color that was completely adorable.

"She likes it." I smirked testing to see her reaction.

"Hmph." She muttered as she pushes off of me and briskly walked away making me laugh.

"You're such a jerk, Ri," My sister Alia said as she rolled her eyes and left to catch up with her.

"What?" I asked Matt.

"Eh, I dunno. Chick stuff I guess." He said and went back to eating his sandwich.

Of all my years at Seacoast High I never in my life have ever met anyone like Carla Waters. She's so easily agitated and I find it adorable.

Carla moved here about a month ago and became really close friends with my sister Alia. Every time Alia invites her over I can't help but pick on her and try to make her blush in any way possible. Watching her freckles disappear under the bright red tint of her cheeks brings me a lot more pleasure than it should.

"I'm gonna go catch up with them, man." I say to Matt as I throw out my styrofoam tray.

"Alright, Ri. Catch ya later?" He replies.

"Yeah, tomorrow night at Richie's. After the game."

"You just gotta ignore him," I hear Alia say as I'm walking down the hall. I pause. Are they talking about me?

"I know it's just that I get uncomfortable really easy. And sometimes it's just really embarrassing," I hear Carla's sweet voice respond. "I don't understand why he treats me like all the other girls here. I'm not like any of them."

That's exactly the reason WHY I treat her that way. Any other girl at Seacoast would have just giggled and went along with it. I know she's different and I just wanted to see what her reaction would be. Her cute, little innocent blush is just so refreshing compared to all the stuck-up princesses who are used to my antics.

The bell ringing startled me and brought me out of my daze. The hall began to fill with people from every direction.

"Hey, Carla!" I yelled catching up with her on the way to our next class. "Sorry about that out there, I didn't think you would get that upset."

"Oh, it's fine." She waves it off starting to blush again. "I just get embarrassed easily. No biggie."

"Are you still coming over this weekend for our spa day?" Alia asks her.

"Absolutely! I wouldn't miss it." She says as we walk past the Biology room.

"Ok, see you tonight." Alia says as she heads inside the room for her AP Biology class.

"Are you going to come over every pizza night?" I ask her jokingly.

She giggles the cutest sound I've ever heard. "Probably. I could never convince my parents to put as many topping on a pizza as you guys do."

"Yeah, us Washington's love our deluxe topping pizzas." I wink at her as we walk up to our next class. "I hope Mr. Bradley isn't going to make us do fifty vocabulary words again today."

"Me either, he really doesn't understand that most of the people in this school have social lives, aside from me of course." She says talking her seat.

"Oh come on now, I saw you at that ocean party last Friday." I say taking the seat behind her.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it wasn't me?" She whisper-yells over her shoulder as Mr. Brady starts writing vocabulary words on the board.

"You can keep telling me, sweetheart, but I won't believe you." I say causing her to start up that delightful little blush again.

***************************

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE READING MY FIRST EVER STORY. IM NOT SURE HOW LONG IT WILL BE OR IF IT WILL EVEN TAKE OFF. IF YOU ARE READING PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO I KNOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN.