20 - "you should leave"

20 | Kai

I reluctantly open the door to let Alex inside, she storms in her arms places sternly on her waist and I can't help but laugh slightly at her seemingly intimidating stance. I shake my head softly before leading her towards the sofa so she can sit down, as soon as she does however I am not prepared for the questions that are shooting out of her mouth though I answer anyway.

"Where were you?"

"Here mostly."

"Why have you been ditching meetings?"

"Family issues."

She raises an eyebrow at me as I shrug with a sigh, "Family issues."

"Fine." She groans pulling herself from the sofa and I finally let out what is now a sigh of relief,

I stand along side her before leading her towards the door, when I open it she turns to me.

"You owe me big time." She snaps her arms crossing against her chest and I furrow my eyebrows,

"Owe you for what?" I ask in confusion and she lets put a short laugh,

"Heather had me washing everything because she thought my pledge quit." She explains with a slightly frown on her face as she talks and I know I shouldn't but I can't help a slight laugh slip from my lips,

Her head snaps to me and she sends a sharp glare, again with hopes to intimidate me, it soon transforms into a slight smile that I can tell she wants to hide.

"I'm sorry Alex." I begin apologising, "But what exactly did she have you cleaning?" I ask all to unsure whether I actually want to know,

Her posture stiffens and I can physically see her body tense up as she grimaces slightly.

"Everything and anything." She says softly as her head drops softly though a slightly laugh also drops from her lips,

I can tell by the way she slaps a hand, rather harshly, over her mouth that it was wholly unintentional though I just smile at the brunette.

"Bye Alex." I smile opening the door for her and wave as she walks softly down the hallway,

When I shut the door I let out a sigh in relief, sliding down the door and as I get to the floor I begin thinking. Which in my case is never a good thing.

My life has been going downhill for the past few days. My mother told me that dad wasn't coming to visit me, just her dog Rex, and my college payment hadn't gone through which means either my dad didn't authorise it to or he forgot.

Stress has been building up inside me and I can tell it's too much by the single tear that slivers down my cheek, unknowingly until it drops from my chin, as I've said once before college wasn't even my plan it was my dads but now that I'm actually enjoying it he seems to find a way to ruin that.

Another knock sound at the door and I jump in surprise before springing to my feet, wiping the tears from under my eyes before opening the door for the second time this night.

I'm no too sure whether to be surprise or not when I come face to face with the blonde boy that's been stuck on my mind for over two weeks, he has a nervous smile on his face all the while looking uncomfortable with his hand resting softly on the nape of his neck.

He's shifting on his feet almost as though he's not quite sure if he's made the right decision, though I know I'm not sure whether he did either.

I try to compose myself by standing taller slightly and I can tell he notices because the smallest hint of a smile begins to snake up on his lip, I don't know what to say. What would you say during a time like this?

"Luke?" I mumble as a short greeting as I purse my lips in anticipation,

He now begins rocking gently on his feet, swaying gently. He looks completely different now, his usually spiked up hair is flopping down in little ruffled curls and he looks like he hasn't shaved in days. Yet despite all this he still manages to take my breath away.

I make eye contact with him and I know I've made the whole situation worse, his posture stiffens greatly and I open the door wider sending him a silent invitation into my dorm.

He nods curtly before stepping in though he doesn't make a mov to sit down so I assume he isn't going to stay long.

"I know you're probably wondering why I'm here." He starts and I scoff mockingly,

"One of my many questions."

"I need to talk to you about the other day." He says and I am immediately struck by confusion,

Day? It's been almost four weeks.

"Luke." I say grasping his attention slightly though he speaks again cutting me off and I have to keep my annoyance at bay to ensure the conversation doesn't go down hill any fast that it probably already is,

"No Kai listen to me, we need to talk about it-"

"Luke -"

"Kai god damn it stop interrupting me." He snaps taking a threatening step towards me and I jump in fright,

My whole body has now tensed up and I'm nervous, of both what he's going to do and what he's going to say. Noticing my now stiff body his face softens with guilt as he attempts to reach out to me an action I dodge.

"Kai? Did you think I was going to hit you?" He asks with pity lacing his tone though for some reason the sentence sounds forced and anger fuelled,

"Maybe." I mutter bringing my arms up to hug myself as I move to lean against the wall,

"Damn it Kai I'm not going to hurt you!" He shouts harshly and I flinch again in fear,

I've never been more terrified of Luke than I am in this moment, his fists are clenched and his jaw is tightened. He looks ready to fight.

"I think you should leave." I tell him in whisper too afraid that my voice will shake,

He scoffs arrogantly and the old Luke is back, the one who hates me and thinks he's too good for me.

"Fine whatever." He says in a nonchalant tone as though he couldn't care less and my heart breaks a little at his blunt reply,

I want him to tell me no, that no matter how stubborn I'm being that he won't leave until he says what he need to.

Though it's the sentence he mutters out loudly enough for me to hear that breaks me completely away from him, hurting me enough to finally let a tear slip down my face.

"That kiss was nothing. I wanted to see if you were easy."

* * *
EVERYBODY REPEAT AFTER ME.
FUCK YOU LUCAS.
FUCK YOU KEEL FOR NOT UPDATING WHEN YOU SAID YOU BITCH.

I KNOW IM THE BIGGEST BITCH EVER BUT CAN WE JUST CELEBRATE. 20 CHAPTER AND ALMOST WHAT I WANT TO BE HALF WAY THROUHJ YHE BOOK.  I COMPLETELY FORGIT WHAT ALEX AND KAIS CONVERSATION WAS ABOUT SO ITS SHORT AND LUKE IS A DICK WITH PROBLEMS.

ALL WILL BE REVEALED SOON CHILDREN 😂😂

WHATS YOURE THEORIES ON THE STORY AND WOULD YOU LIKE A SPIN OFF OF HOW FINLEY AND ASHTON MET ONCE I FINISH THIS?

- KEELY X