Chapter Fourty Seven

Start from the beginning

He makes an apologetic look and confesses, "I am sorry, but I want to learn this now, please."

She sighs and sits on the bed. She demonstrates, how to tilt the hanger and tuck the shoulders of the t-shirt to hang it systematically. Armaan grabs another hanger and t-shirt to try with the guidance of Mary and succeeds.

Mary smiles, glancing at the bag and asks, "So she finally gave you this bag."

Armaan asks with a frown, "You knew?"

She answers with a nod, "Yes, I saw this bag when I helped her in organising her wardrobe. She bought these gifts from her savings of her salary."

He demands in shock, "What?"

Mary continues after a nod, "Her father never allowed her to contribute at home, so she usually saved her salary to buy gifts for her family members. During marriage, she had saving of six months, which she spent entirely on you."

She lowers her gaze and informs sadly, "But on that day, she was very upset because you left for your business trip without informing and giving her a chance. She wanted to give you everything and spend quality time with you, because prior to the marriage, you had to come to Mumbai and couldn't spend time with her."

Armaan sits on the bed, remembering the wedding night, when Kavya had confessed, she missed him. He clenches his fist, realising the amount of her expectation he has killed unknowingly. Her teary eyes and sad face flashes in front of his eyes, awakening his guilt.

Mary moves closer, sensing his sadness and states cheerfully, "Armaan, don't be sad now. You have understood your mistake and are making efforts for fixing your relationship. Plus, Kavya is accepting you and even gave you this bag, assume it to be your one big successful step."

Armaan sighs and informs, "She even paid rent on Sunday and still paying for food and car."

She responds, "Well you can take that as a reminder to work hard."

He agrees with a nod, "Yes, I will and thanks for taking care of her in my absence."

Mary smiles and encourages Armaan to not be sad, instead enjoy the small achievements.

She even demands to see all other gifts, which makes him happy again and he shows everything with excitement.

Delighted to catch a glimpse of an innocent child in Armaan's actions, Mary believed, one day, he will become the person, which he was earlier.

Mary helps him to organize everything and leaves the room after the bag is empty.

Armaan sits on the bed to zip the bag to set aside, but being over excited, he checks the bag again to find any more gift. He even checks the pockets and partitions greedily and finds an over size envelope.

He frowns and opens to find few papers inside. He flips the envelope, dropping the pages on the bed and his heart skips a beat when he sees the content of the papers.

Early Morning

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya exits the bathroom after a bath and dressed in an orange colour t-shirt with white and black leaf design print. Her hair are damp and she uses a towel to dry them. She moves towards the dressing table and starts getting ready for the day.

While brushing her hair, the memories of Sunday night and Pizza lunch at Ruhi's place clouds her mind, bringing​ a smile on her face.

Her smile increases, recalling his image from Sunday night, when he wore the clothes, she had shopped for him. She even recalls the dinner at the terrace on Saturday night and his efforts to know her. Plus, the way he had shifted closer to her, while eating pizza yesterday.