"Wala lang, I just feel like I need to do something for you."

We both looked at the screen "I wonder when dad will wake up."

"Hugo is in a coma too. He's the only one who can see what really happened inside the room."

Hugo's family is distressed by what happened. As much as they wanted to blame someone, they can't as we all cannot tell who is the mastermind behind this horror.

"You want to go somewhere? Do you want me to arrange a trip? Just the two of us, so you can relax."

I stopped for a moment and looked at him. He was smiling, and I don't want to ruin my day by hating him. But I can't help rolling my eyes at what he just said.

"Really? You have just said that?" I asked, sarcastically.

He shrugged his shoulders off and led me to my chair "Babe, I was just suggesting." He said as he massaged my shoulder "You're tired, you have sleepless nights, you don't have appetite, and you're miserable. I am just worried about you."

"Oh yeah, and you want me to go somewhere far with you just to relax." I pushed his hands away from my shoulder and faced him "Just so you know, there will be no relaxing moment for me until I see my dad open his eyes. I don't want to go anywhere far, and have fun while he's in bed and mom's in pain. So, if you believe that's a good idea, you're being insensitive by suggesting it."

"Babe."

I was just staring at him until I could feel the pain in my head, I turned around again and sat on my chair "Go now Maverick."

"You called me by my name." He seriously said, "I was just helping you out. I could no longer think of any good things for you because you kept declining it."

"I don't need your help."

"So is Kent!" He yelled, and I was shocked for a second. I have never heard him shout in front of me like that.

I turned to him once again "Why were you shouting?"

"Do you think I didn't know?! He's with you all the time! He visited! He brought you flowers! Food! Blankets! And even brought the kids with you!"

"So? What's wrong with that?!" I shouted back. My secretary opened the door and I shoo her away "What's wrong with you? You went here for what? To visit me? Or to doubt?"

"Gabriella."

I smirked as I saw his dark eyes "Were you mad? Where were you when I needed you? Where were you when my dad was rushed into the hospital? Where were you when I needed you the most?!"

"That was just one time!"

"Indeed one time! But it has been weeks before that, Maverick! You were so busy! I understand that! You have your priorities, I fucking understand that! You have your business to focus on, I definitely understand that! Did I seek for you? Did I ask you to join me? Did I ask you to stop what you were doing?! No! But when I needed you the most! Where are you?! You're having fun!!"

"Babe.."

"It's part of the meeting? Okay. A deal to strike on? Okay. But Maverick, my dad's fighting for his life, and that's where I needed you the most, but where were you? You're in the bar, and you've awoken in Palawan after telling me that your boss had whisked you away from the city! You were there for a week! A week! Until you got your Yes. You have the deal. But where was I? Where was I Maverick?"

My eyes were streaming with tears, and I couldn't stop sobbing because I was still so disappointed in him even though it's in the past. My conscience always killed me as I have thought of everything he has done for me.