I can't believe I just did that. We walked out of Deedee’s and walked aimlessly for a while until my stomach started growling once again.

"What are you in the mood for?"

"Uhm, I'm not sure. You?"

"McDonalds." he quickly said smiling like a little kid at Christmas.

"McDonalds it is. There's one by my building. It's not far and I have to stop there anyway to get money anyway."

"I can pay for you, its fine. It’s not like it’s going to put much of a dent in my income" he said.

"You haven’t seen me eat then."

“If I can handle Niall, I’m sure I can handle you.” He said laughing

“That’s the blonde one right? Well whatever, either way I have to get changed so we’re stopping at my apartment. “

“You just want to be alone with me in your apartment so you can do dirty things with me.” He said flirtatiously.

“Yep. That’s definitely what it is!” I said giggling.

He stopped in a shop window and looked at himself fixing his hair. After about 5 minutes of standing there I grabbed his arm and dragged him away from his reflection. “No!” he screamed as I dragged him away.

                  We continued walking until we reached my apartment Zayn glancing at himself in every shop window we passed. I invited him in and he sat on the couch.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"No, thank you."

"You sure?"

"Positive"

"Okay we'll I'm going to go change so stay put" I said walking away.

                  Oh my god, oh my god. what am I going to wear? What does one wear while roaming the streets with such a famous person? I thought to myself. Then it hit me. How stupid could I be? I don’t know him that well! He could be a rapist or he could rob me or something. What’s done is done. I decided to wear my adorable yellow shirt with the panda on it, some tight (but not too tight) skinny jeans, and black flats. I put a little extra moose in my hair, just to be safe and put on a little bit of makeup and I was ready to go. When I walked into my living room I there he was admiring himself in my blank television. I just stood there and laughed.  He turned around and asked what was so funny.

“Who knew Zayn was so vain?” I said cracking up. “You see what I did there? Zayn and vain! They rhyme!”

“Sorry love, Louis already beat you to it.”

“Whatever, you have to admit that was clever!”

“If Louis hadn’t had said it first it would’ve”

“Shut up and let’s go!” I said grabbing my wallet off the table and pulling him out.

“I thought we were doing naughty things” he whined as we left.

“I’m skipping school for you, that’s naughty enough.”

“You’re such a tease” I did nothing but wink, very unattractively, I must add, which made him laugh.

                  McDonald’s was practically up the street from where I lived so it didn’t take long. We walked up to the register and just my luck DeAndre. Why wasn’t he in school?

“Great.” I mumbled to myself.

Apparently Zayn heard me. “What’s wrong? Did you fart again?”

“I wish. The guy at the cash register. Yeah, that’s my ex boyfriend. Things did not end well with me and him.”

“What can I get for you?” DeAndre said looking down at the cash register.

“Hi, can I get a BigMac meal. No onions.” I said.

Zayn pushed in front of me and said “Can I get the same but with 6 piece chicken nuggets”

“Will that complete your order?” He said looking up.

“Oh Marilyn.” He said. “How have you been?”

“Fine.” I said coldly.

“Marilyn, I want you to know…”

I interrupted him “Do you really think this is the time to do this? And what part of I never want to see you did you not understand? Give me my damn cups so I can get out of here, DeAndre” I said to him harshly

“Marilyn, I’m so….”

“Hey, she said she doesn’t want to talk to you. Leave her alone!” Zayn interrupted.

“Whatchu’ going to do? You think you own her? You don’t. She was mine first get that through your head!”

“She’s not property. You can’t own her, and she isn’t mine anyway. Just give us out damn cups and our food so we can get the hell out of here!”

I don’t know why but I found Zayn very, very attractive at this point. “Zayn, leave it he’s not worth it.” Grabbing my food and cups and walking away.

“Marilyn, baby, you know I love you but you still gotta’ pay.”

“Pay for it out of your shitty check. I’m done with you!”

                  We walked outside, I wasn’t only pissed but I was upset too, Zayn was just pissed.  We sat on the sidewalk out of the view of the people inside of McDonald’s and I just broke down crying. Zayn said nothing, he just held me.

“Hey, he’s an asshole. There’s no reason to cry over him.”

“You don’t get it. We were friends for what seems like forever and then we dated and were inseparable and then he does this thing and I can’t even look at him. I love him but I hate him at the same time. It’s so confusing. It took everything in me to say what I said to him today.”

He held my chin in his hand like he did at Deedee’s. “Whatever he did to you, it wasn’t right of him. He’s an asshole and he doesn’t deserve you and I can say that even though I’ve only know you for a short amount of time. Please, love don’t cry.”

He still had my chin in his hand and he looked into my eyes and he leaned in and kissed me. It was a peck, short and sweet. But nothing like I’ve ever felt before. I felt a spark as soon as his lips touched mine.