10. Opportunity Calls

AN: Pseudo is a biological term, and since I got a 95 on my biology final- I'm totally using it. ;-* Oh! And this book has won Gold, First Place in The Wing Awards. Yay!! Special shout-out to AwsomeSauce007 for hosting it.

Jenni looks disappointed in my actions but I don't pay her any mind. She wasn't nearly as close to Eric like Micheal and-

"Where's Micheal?" I snap. Looking around, he's is no where in sight.

"He's probably talking to my traveling companion. I'd never come here empty handed." Eric scoffs while standing up on his own. The hole in his bicep nearly healed.

I take a moment to curse werewolf genetics.

Nothing and no one is that important for Micheal to just ignore the fight that just went down, unless the companion Eric brought....

"You found Micheal's mate." I state. For Eric to do this, he must want something equally important.

From me.

Jenni shrieks in joy and looks around for our brother.

"Side of the house." Eric says and she takes off in that direction. Her aura is bloated with happiness, shock, and curiosity.

We don't follow her. His brown eyes clash with mine.

"What do you want Eric?" I question.

"I already know where Jenni's mate is. You're not going to like it." Eric replies.

"What do you want?" I repeat cautiously. I will not get distracted just yet thinking about his words.

"You won't have to stay if you don't pass."

"Eric...." I caution. I haven't seen him in years but he knows that I'm near the end of my rope.

"Your name was pulled." He says finally breaking eye contact. He braces himself like I'm about to explode.

I feel nothing. What the hell is he talking about? And why should I care if a bunch of wolves pulled my name out of a hat?

I guess Eric knows what I'm thinking because he gives me a long suffering sigh.

"You're name was pulled from the list, for the Student Counsel." He revises.

Now I feel like a weight has just plummeted onto my shoulders along with panic.

No way in hell am I going to that Island of fools and playing politics. They're all idiots​ to send Eric. I haven't spoken his name in years, I even blocked him along with my depression from my parents deaths. He is the last person on this planet who can convince me to leave my family, the only family I have left.

'He brought Micheal's mate.' a faint voice reminds me in my head. 'And he knows where Jenni's is.....' I may have forgotten Eric's previous words but my subconscious hasn't.

"Where was his mate?" I ask boldly. Without Eric's interference, maybe we could've found their mates on our own.

"She's the Alphas only daughter." He shakes his head slowly, knowing that there would've been no way for us to find her on our own.

Eric is the next confirmed Alpha to represent werewolves on The Counsel.
There's only one man alive that Eric still has to call his Alpha, and that's the male representative of all werewolves, who's currently seated in The Counsel. Fuck.

Sure, he travels around to the separate packs- but that's only to the bigger ones. Micheal's pack isn't small but it's certainly not the biggest and yeah, all Alphas meet every once in a while but what's the guarantee his daughter would've attended.