Chapter 6 ~ Drunk

"U-um... M'lord?" Melody stammered, her face beginning to go red as she realized the prince was drunk, and seemingly attracted to her.

"My Lord. If you're going to play a noble, it's Myyy" He said, his face showing no emotion as he took a sip of wine the bartender gave him.

"Here. You may enjoy this more." The prince said, giving Melody his drink.

"No thanks." She said as she pushed the drink away. The prince frowned at this gesture.

"Rejecting an offering from royalty? And to think - you thought you could pretend to be noble." He said, and drunk what was left in the cup.

"I... I... I..." Melody stammered, searching her mind for an excuse badly.

The prince burst out laughing, "Tonight! We will pretend you're a noble!" He declared, though no one was listening.

Melody hung her head low in embarrassment. Anyone still conscious now knew she wasn't noble, and the prince worked out she was a commoner... was her disguise that see through?

Henry slung an arm around Melody, giving her another cup of wine, but this one was full. She stared intently at it, knowing she'd have to drink it, but being disgusted by the thought. "I like your dress." The prince whispered in her ear, the strong scent of his intoxicated breath making her shudder. And with that, she tipped her head back and swallowed the drink.

"Good." The prince's lips curved into a smile. Expensive drinks apparently got you drunk much quicker than what you could buy at commoner's market - especially when it's your first time drinking.

The prince stood up, and grabbed Melody's hand, leading her up the staircase.