Chapter 1 - The Blacksmith's Daughter

Melody tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she hurried through the bustling town. A small grin was on the commoner's face.

But why was she so happy in such a poor, dirty section of the kingdom? She was going to inform her parents of her wedding. The lucky woman was getting married to a farmer by the name of Yate Robinson.

She moved through the town, sighting the smithy her father worked at. His face was lit up by the hot, red sword-to-be he was holding. Sweat dripped from his face, and he looked more exhausted than anything. 

"Been busy father?" She said, jumping to a spot nearby him. 

The man froze; his hands shook as he dropped his sword "Melly..." He whispered then embraced the woman. Something wasn't right, a hug is a hug, but this seemed more like a 'I'm sorry' hug, not a 'I haven't seen you in ages' hug.

"Something wrong?" She asked, grabbing his shoulders and pushing him slightly so she could look into his eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean?" He said, plastering an empty smile on his face, "Nothing's wrong!"

"Papa." Melody said a serious look on her face as she looked at him in the eyes. "Tell me."

He guiltily looked at his feet, "We... Your mother and I... We're broke."

Her eyes widened as she knew what he was going to say.

"As my only child, I need you to marry... a wealth man..." He said slowly.

Melody held my breath. There was no way Yate was wealthy, he was only a farmer. But... not only would she have to leave him, but she'd have to find a wealthy man to marry...