"Honey it's time to get up" My mom slowly opens the door and as she does she sees me on my bed with one boot in hand. "You're up early".

I laugh, "Yeah I figured I should try and be a early bird this morning"

"Well okay then well I'm making breakfast so when you're ready come down for breakfast" She slowly closes the door and walks away. I put on my other shoe and look in the mirror at the finished result. I looked alright but as I grabbed my backpack I get a text from an unknown number.

You look great today

A small chill goes down my spine as I walk over to my window and look outside. All I see is the neighbors house and some people walking their dog. I shake my head and delete the message.

The smell of pancakes and bacon fill my nose as I make my way downstairs. I set my backpack on the couch and turn on the TV. I ate one pancake and one piece of bacon and some water. My mom gave me a weird look because this isn't something that I usually do. Pancakes and bacon are my favorite breakfast and I usually eat a whole bunch but before my mom could say anything I was already out the door and heading to school.

 I figured that me being a ass to my friends wasn't a good thing for me or for them. I also wasn't helping myself at all.  Once class ended I met up with Cameron and we headed to our table.

"Are you okay?" She sets her lunch tray down on the table and starts to eat her burger.

"Yeah I've just had a rough day yesturday I didn't mean to take it out on you or Jake" I felt guilty because I was more frustrated at myself and I let it get out of hand.

"That doesn't matter to me I just want to make sure that I didn't do anything to offend you or make you angry"

"No you didn't it was just some things that I'm dealing with"

We ate in silence for a while and I looked at the  bare tree. There was a little ladybug of one of the bare branches. It was all by itself and I couldn't help but relate to it somehow.

"What are you doing later?" Cameron sets her burger down and looks at me with a light smile.

"Nothing really, why do you ask?"  I take a drink of my water and she pulls out a flyer from her bag and hands it over to me.

The flyer had a plain look to it which was odd for a flyer but the font on the front intrigued me and I read it. I lightly skimmed the page and what caught my eye was the word "Slam Poetry". I was familiar with the style of poetry but never really went to an event for it.

Poetry has a big place in my heart. I used my writing as a way to get me through what is happening at home and stuff. I don't really like to talk about my feelings I'm more of a let's keep it to ourselves kind of person because of that, I learned to keep everything in and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

"We should go it would be nice to get you out of the house for a little bit maybe it would change your mood a bit" She continues eating and smiles at me. Maybe she's right I do need to take sometime to myself and focus on making myself happy.

"Okay I'll go" I take another drink of my water and begin to pick at my lunch.

"Great Jake will pick us up from here and we'll head over there"

"Why isn't he at school?" It was unusual for him not to be at school.

"He said he didn't feel like coming he didn't really go into detail why not" She noticed me picking at my food. "Are you okay? You usually don't pick at your food"