I glare at him and lean forward folding my arms. “I know for sure that I don’t like your tone,” I growl.

“Tough,” he growls back, leaning forward too. We glare at each other for another second before busting out laughing scaring half the students walking by.

I wipe my eyes still chuckling. “You’re such an ass, Clint.”

“And you’re such a dick so we’re pretty much made for each other,” he says laughing even harder causing me to lose it again.

At that moment, Luke shows up with that Wereboy, Chase, and stops in front of us at the classroom door. Chase and Clint fist bump in greeting and begin talking about Chemistry class which they have together, leaving me and Luke standing around awkwardly.

“How was your weekend?” he asks.

“Fine. Yours?”

“Fine.”

Silence.

Well, this is just painful. I’m overly aware of everything about him; the nervous shuffling of his feet to the way he scratches right behind his ear and furrows his brow in contemplation. I’m itching to just reach out and touch him but he wouldn’t like that, I think sadly.

“Would you and your friends want to come over after school?,” he rushes out.

I blank in shock for a second and then tilt my head, confused. “What?”

He blushes cutely. “I just thought this way everyone could get to know each other better. We’re all going to be spending a lot of time together and it’s only right that we start somewhere.”

He leans closer and whispers. “Plus, I really want to see you again.”

Now it’s my turn to blush as I take a step back trying to regain my cool. “But you see me all the time at school,” I mumble.

“It’s not enough for me,” he whispers, not breaking eye contact. He looks so serious right now, how can he not be embarrassed after spouting something so sappy. Hell, when did I become the easily nervous one?

“Yeah, that sounds okay. I’ll make sure to tell the clan after school.”

“Great!” Luke says, looking extremely happy and adorable.

Hopefully nothing bad will happen. I nudge Clint. “I’m going on to class.”

“But I haven’t given you—”

“I’ll get it at lunch,” I wave off his protests.

“You gonna be there this time?” He smirks.

I refuse to even briefly look at Luke when I reply, “Yeah. I promise.”

Ellis’s class goes by in a flash with us pretending, always damn pretending, we don’t know each other. I find myself getting more frustrated and angry. Every time we meet it has to be in secret, and then when we are out in public we have to act indifferent.

Never in my life have I been treated like a back-door-mistress in my entire life and I don’t plan on starting now! I cover my eyes and rub my temples with my thumbs trying to calm down. Sure, Luke is my blood-mate and sure, I like him, but this much? Enough to lie to my clan to protect a secret relationship?

Maybe I was right before. Maybe he’s actually ashamed of me, of us.

As soon as the bell rings I make sure I’m the first one out the door and I’m halfway to the class when I hear my name being called out. I turn to see Tammy and her bouncy curls swinging in the air as she runs up causing all the boys to stop and stare at her as she passes them. I roll my eyes in disgust and send them a warning growl that forces them all to look-up towards me and notice my threatening glare causing them to flinch and scurry away.