Chapter 28: Fioni

Authors note*

Okay so everyone needs to understand that this is not the typical vampire and girl falll in love story.... they MAY fall in love but it wont be right away, they barley even know eachother.

I like my characters to progress and BUILD relationships, plus there is things about Jake that you guys dont know yet...

relax :)

-----

I slept for awhile, dreaming about home, jake, ice cream, jake, vampires, jake...jake. What did I do to have him hate me like that? Why couldn't he just let me go if I caused him so much pain?

They way he looked at me, with those hatred eyes. Like I was the epitome of nightmare to him.

"hmph..well maybe he should realize he is my nightmare too." I grumbled and sat up. I instantly clutched my head, ugh head rush.

I really want a shower, and some food. It was only 10 am which meant that Jake was probably just going to sleep and I should be too. I couldnt though, I was wide awake and hungry.

My door creaked open and a small figure walked in. She stood there by the door with her hands behind her back not looking at me. She looked afriad to look at me actually.

"Fioni?" I called out to her and she bit her lip but stayed staring elsewhere.

"well if your not going to talk to me, then why are you in here?" i asked but it came out harsher than I meant it too.

"I came to check if you were alright, master has forbade me to talk to you." She said clearly offended and upset about something.

"What happened Fioni? why are you hurt?" I got up and walked towards her.

"Shhhh... Master has just layed down if he hears you, he may actually kill us both." She whispered harshly.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. Do you want to come to the kitchen with me? If he came down, I just asked you to cook for me." I opened the door and walked quietly down the stairs.

"Okay, so now will you tell me whats going on?" I whispered and started rummaging through the fridge cringing at the blood bags.

"Well its kind of a long story..." She sat down and played with the salt shaker in front of her.

"I've got time." I told her and pulled out some salad and chicken.

"Remember when I was gone for a little while?" She half smiled.

"Yeah?" I didn't understand why she was smiling.

"I escaped, well kind of." She shrugged but I could see her face was excited.

"You escaped!" I said shocked.

"Shhhhh.... geeze heather." She narrowed her eyes. "Im going to leave if you cant keep your voice down."

"sorry, I just can't believe it. How?" I put the chicken in the pan and let it cook then sat down across from her.

"Just like you belong to Master Jake, I too belong to someone." She frowned and looked mad.

"Really? Not to sound rude but I thought you were Jakes maid." I tilted my head and wondered why she was here and not with him.

"I am, techniqually. My master, Randy is a new vampire and doesnt want to have a girlfriend or mate. So he tried to kill me." she let go of the salt shaker and had a deep look in her eye.

"Oh my god" My mouth popped open and I my eyes probably did too.

"Yeah, but he never did, because one day Master Jake was over and made him an offer." She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"It was the offer that saved my life but it still sucks." She shook her head.

"what was the offer?" I was in tuned, I didnt even care if the chicken was burning.

"He said that he would keep me at his house as a maid" she looked at me "untill Randy was ready for me."

"Oh, that was nice i guess." I kind of felt guilty for thinking Jake was such a jerk.

"It was because Master Jake has treated me very well, but a few days ago Randy asked for me." She grabbed the shaker again and squeezed it.

"Oh no" I put my hands on my face and waited to hear the worst.

"He realized that since he hadnt turned me yet that I would continue to get older, and he didnt want some old woman once he was ready." She growled.

"Wow"

"Yes, and when I was there he said dont count on even being close to this house again for a few hundred years." She looked down. "He planned on making me be a slave for hundreds of years, heather." She had tears forming.

"He is such a jerk, your so special." I grabbed her hand and almost cried watching her sad face.

"Thats not it, he raped me, saying that it was a taste of the future." She bit her lip that was trembling.

"No he didnt." I was in shock, I couldnt believe it.

"Yes, so after he slept I left the house and ran. I was gone for a day untill he found me." she looked up and this was the part I was waiting for.

"He beat the hell out of  me, I swear my heart nearly left my chest untill Master Jake showed up." She smiled. "he beat Randy up and told him he was being reported to the royal kingdom."

I smiled at my soul mate/hero/nightmare.

"He can actually do all that to me but master Jake just wanted to scare him. He is the most caring person I've known in this mess, I hope you guess will work it out, he really can be amazing." she squeezed me hand.

"Thank you Fioni." A cool and seductive voice floated in from behind me.

we both jumped and I let out a yelp. I didnt even see him go through the kitchen door!

"Your welcome Master Jake, Im sorry I went against your rule." She bowed her head and watied for dismissal.

"Its okay this time Fioni, I know Heather can be quite the person to be around, but my rules are to be followed." He said sternly and she smiled then bowed out of the room.

I had to face him, we had to work this out. I couldn't be like Fioni and Randy, I wanted to be happy.

"Jake?" I turned around to him to find he was looking at me already.

He didnt answer but just kept looking at me.

"I'm sorry for running away, I didnt do it intentionally."

"How?" He sounded a little harsh but i deserved it.

"Andreu took me to a haunted house, and when I got out he was no where to be found. I waited for him for awhile untill a random thought occured that I could leave... and see my mom and dad again." I looked up at him.

"Did you really think I wouldnt find you?" He took a step toward me but not in an aggressive way.

"I dont know, no, I thought once I got there that maybe .. my parents could.."

"Protect you? From vampires? Heather I am protecting you, even though you drive me crazy!" He grabbed both sides of my face and my body just tingled like crazy.

"Your protecting me?" I whispered trying to get closer to him.

"You have no idea what you being my mate means." He shook his head and let his hands drop.

"You dont tell me anything, you just hate me all the time!" I said frusterated.

"I dont have to tell you anything... you need to get changed and showered. We have dinner at my parents house, because it is the ball eve." He turned and left the room just like that.

what the hell? How can he just act like that and then go all stone one seconde later? well time to get ready for hell dinner.

----

sorry short but cant put the dinner into this chapter ;)