Chapter 27: Back to square -5

I debated looking for him but thought it would be better to pretend like I didn't know. If I were to accidently catch his eye, my chance to escape would be ruined. I looked back out the door I came in and sighed, I couldn't just leave because that would draw alot of attention. Looks like I'm stuck dinning here, just have to be really careful thats all. Yeah just carefull, there shouldn't be any reason that I'd be found If i just stay at my seat.

"Ma'am" A younge lady probably around 22 dressed in a waiter uniform was looking at me trying to get my attention.

"Oh, Im sorry table for one." I spoke quietly and smiled.

"Okay, smoking or non smoking?" She was pressing buttons on a screen.

"Um, non smoking please." I was getting a little jumpy hoping Jake wouldn't be passing by.

"Okay, come with me." She grabbed a menu and started walking around tables toward the back. I watched each table making sure he wasnt there. There were mostly old couples casually glancing up me and some teenagers here and there. I actually thought I was in the clear, untill in the far right back corner I seen four men in buisness suits talking and one of the four was indeed Jake.

The waitress took a turn to the right heading towards some tables open by them and I stopped her.

"Hey can I sit on the other side?" I asked as quiet as I could.

"The other side is smoking and its practically full." She looked at me like she was dealing with a difficult customer.

"Oh, well then can I get a booth by the windows then?" I asked with a little more edge so she would just do it.

"Sure, do you plan on having anyone else join you?" She asked as we wisked through the tables to the window area.

"I hope not" I mumbled and the waitress gave me a look "no, Just me." I confirmed and sat down facing away from Jakes table.

"Ill be back to take your order." She said and handed me a glass of water and bread sticks. I love the bread sticks here.

I had to tinkle pretty bad, but unfortunaly the bathrooms were at the front of the resturaunt and Id have to sneak by Jakes table. I took a peek over at them and they seemed engrossed in their meals and chatting away. So its now or never.

I slid out of my booth and turned around looking at their table one more time before moving in and out of the pathways. One table away from Jakes A man from that table called out to me.

"Miss? Can I get a refill on this glass." His voice spoke sweetly to me.

I should just walk ahead and ignore him, but for some reason my legs were carrying me to that table. I kept my head down as I trudged to his table.

"I dont work here" I mumbled and refused to look up.

"Oh, my apologies young lady." He talked like he was older but looked only 25.

"Its okay." I half smiled and started to walk away when he asked me my name. errrrr.

"Its um Haily" I lied and turned to him.

"My name is terence, nice to meet you." He smiled really big, almost creepy like and I accidently looked to Jake. He was messing with his phone, he hadnt noticed me the whole time!

"Oh, Im sorry sweetie he is taken." Terence laughed and that made Jake look up.

His face went from suprised to angry to pale to undeniable hatred. I spun around to run and hit a waitresses tray all over the ground. I said sorry and ran straight for the bathroom, I had to go somewhere he wasnt allowed.