CHAPTER 2

"I'm home!" Sigaw ko nang makapasok ako sa bahay namin. Malapit na maghapunan nang makauwi ako at ayaw ko naman na hanggang gabi ako. I need to help my mother.

"Bakit ngayon ka lang, Elisha?" Tanong sa akin ng aking ina nang makapasok ako sa kusina. Kasalukuyan siyang nagluluto kaya naman tumulong ako sa pagluluto.

"Nagpahangin lang ako sa labas." Sagot ko sa tanong niya.

"Kanina ka pa hinihintay ng kapatid mo. Gusto ka niya kausapin." I looked at her when she said that. Liam was waiting for me? Why would he do that?

"Okay, I'll go to his room." Paalam ko sa kanya na tinanguhan naman niya bago ako umalis sa kusina.

Liam was waiting for me. He wants to talk to me and probably talking about Celestians Academy. I know one of his dreams is to become a famous magic user that's why he wants to enroll in that academy because it is such a big opportunity to become a magic user there.

But we all know that your life is the exchange for becoming a magic user. Celestians Academy will send you in a mission and sometimes in that mission, someone might die. I don't want Liam to die in early age.

I am now in front of his room and was ready to knock the door when it opened suddenly.

"Oh you're here now? Why aren't you knocking?" He asked when he saw me in front of his room.

"Well I was about to knock when you opened it suddenly." I answered as I entered in his room. I was amazed of how clean his room is even though he is a boy.

A boy's room should be a mess.

"Don't enter in my room freely!" He said in irritation.

"Are you really serious for wanting to enroll in Celestians Academy?" I asked suddenly that made him froze and surprised. "It is very dangerous and your life will be in danger. Once you enter there, there is a big possibility that you will not see us anymore. So are you still want to go?"

I looked at him while waiting for his response.

"I am serious." He answered that made my heart broke into pieces. I tried to look away from his gaze so that he can't see the tears that fell from my cheeks.

"I still want to go. I want to be a magic user. I want to protect the people and of course I want to protect you and my mother!" My eyes widened from what I heard from him.

So he wants to enroll there and be a magic user because he wants to protect us? 

"You can also enroll there." He added causing me to look at him.

"I can't." I answered. "I don't want to leave our mother alone."

"I see. Then I will practice as much as I can to protect you two someday!" He said and smiled at me. "So are you still against of my decision?" He asked me.

I know it is dangerous but if he really wants to enroll there I don't have a choice but to trust him. He's doing it for us so I need to trust him. I just hope that nothing bad will happened to him.

It's just so sad not to see him anymore and what if he... No, I don't want to think something like that. I need to trust him.