Chapter 19

Boredom is one of the most unpleasant moments, especially for those people who are not used to do nothing. It is the moment when your desire is demanding you to do or find something new, but your situation, or even your condition, tells you otherwise.

You were lucky enough if you could still move around, even just in you room.

However if you were stuck in a place, where you're not allowed to do anything nor go everywhere, for too long, your emotions would not in a stable state. You wanted to do something thing, but you suddenly didn't want to do anything. It was like you are having PMS. (A/n: I will not mock my female friends from now on. I think they feel it worst)

I didn't even know how long I had been sitting and laying on this, thankfully, soft bed. I lost counting time. This white boring room didn't even have any clock in it.

I had tried to get off of this bed days ago, but, as soon as my toes touched the floor, James come in the room pushing me back to the bed. He did it so fast and yet so gently. I didn't even feel any pain except a disapproval of me being on the bed again.

Ever since that event, there would always be someone who watched me to make sure I would not do that again.

Today was another stranger dude. His name was Mike, 25 years old. I couldn't lie that he was quite attractive. I didn't know how exactly to describe it specifically, but you would know it when you saw one.

I saw him looking down at his phone with the look of admiration on his face.

"do it already!" wiggling my eyebrows.

"huh?" he frowned.

"you looked at that thing in your hand like you will kiss it any time soon. Either you're reading a text from someone special or just looking at pictures of someone."

A taint of red shade appeared on his cheese. He put the phone on his tight and looked away but me. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"uuuuuu... Denial" using a mocking, yet teasing, tone.

He was looking at his legs.

I could see his lips were closed, but he seemed struggling. 'Someone is holding something, I see' I talked to myself.

He scratched the back of his neck. He seemed not be able to hold the smile because he was  shyly smiling widely. "it's.. Um... My partner's picture when he was sleeping.." he looked away again afterwards.

"see it's not that hard to admit it, isn't it?" he nodded as a response. "I just still can't believe that he is my mate. I thought my mate was going to be a woman."

"who is he?" curiosity finally got me.

"He is my best friend. His name is Kennedy."

Then he told me about the rejection that he almost did, and how Kennedy tried to stop it, which was successful.

I suddenly feel bad because his situation was almost the same as mine. I remember the time when I rejected James at the school. It was really shameful for me to remember.

"stop thinking about it. Start to think about what you're going to do in the future. James surely has already forgiven you. It's understandable though. Knowing your situation that is different from us. Also about your unpleasant break up with your ex girlfriends." he said sincerely.

"how do you know about it?" I asked, not knowing how he knew it.

"my brother John told me soon after-" he replied.

"so that's why your face looks familiar to me... It happens to be the big brother of that slut asshole." I said as soon as I heard the name. he was shocked hearing my statement. Well, I would be too if some people talked bad about my family.

"but don't worry. I'm sure you're not like him. I think you are the wise and kind one. Not like that annoying brat." I explained, so he wouldn't feel that he was the same as John, his brother.

"it's alright.... I guess you are kind of-" Mike was interrupted again. This time, it was not me.

"I can't believe say that about me!" it was John himself storming towards me with a fake hurt expression. Widened eyes and one of his hand on the right side of his chest where his heart would be. 'nice try John! The position of heart is in the other side' rolling my eyes.

"we are best friend for so long. And this is how you think about me." he looked away, as if he was mad, but he still came close to me. I knew he was just playing around because no matter how much bad word I used to insult him, he would think differently positive about it. 'some time, I wonder how his brain works' spoke to myself again.

"I love you?"

"I know you do.". He hugged me. I pat his back in return. Then he sucked the corner of my right jaw. "fuck off John!" I pushed him as hard as I could. He was forming a smug smile that I wish I could wash it away of his face.

Then, then sound of an anger growl was heard.

John was stayed still in his currently position. Hr bowed his head with a slightly fear was on his face. I was truly amazed, and a little of sadness I felt, by what I witnessed. He barely  showed this  kind of emotion before. John was always the one who never care of what consequences that was caused by his actions. As I quoted "I do want I want to do."

I was lost in my thoughts until I saw James threw him on the wall and was about to get another physical impact.

"stop!"

My scream was successfully able to stop the action. He was trembling tremendously as if he truly wanted to do what he was about to do. Kill the person in front of him. I looked at Mike and  Laura, who was not in the room before, giving the signal to take John away from here, but they were stuck in their on position.

"James come here, please." I plead at the last part because I would never want something terrible happened to my friend.

He turned around then embraced me in his arms as if I would disappear in no time. I looked at the three figures behind James's giving the signal as before. Mike, who was a lot bigger than John, picked him up gently in his arms while Laura was walking behind them then closing the door. Before the door was closed, I saw John was giving me the expression of guilty and shame that caused my heart to hurt, little bit.

At this moment, silent was filled the air. Only the sound of two hearts were heard. One was beating normally, and the last one was beating uncontrollably. it belonged to James. I just realised the main reason of it.

Jealousy

————====————

A/n: Please leave a comment of your thought about this chapter. And, thank you for still reading this story.

Also, the next chapter, or so, will tell you about what really happened to Lucas and the kidnapper himself.

One more thing!

I am thinking of making story of James's brother, or John's life as the sequel of this story..

What do you think?