Chapter 6: Terror Time and the Hot Springs

Start from the beginning

"Is this what Mr. Goodsight was worried about? Getting caught in Terror Time?"

"Probably. You two are nice kids, it's just that the circumstances right now require you to break curfew. We'll get you back home before daybreak, I promise."

*****

Luckily, no one that happened to be out in the streets seemed to care that Nate and Katie were out this late. They made their way to the hot springs and walked in.

"You two are out awfully late. If you want to take a dip, you'll have to come back tomorrow."

"No, we're here for a friend. He said he left something here."

"Really? Well, no one's turned in anything today. You're free to check the men's room if you like."

Not wanting to let the woman know their identities, just in case they came with their parents in the near future, Nate whispered to Katie,

"Katie, if you want to wait outside, I understand completely..."

She shook her head.

"Let's just check and get it over with."

They walked in and were thankful that there wasn't anyone in the room and searched under the benches and anywhere that the underwear could've ended up.

"Hold on! I'm sensing something!"

"...Is it underwear?"

"First off, no. Second off, why would I have that specific power? Thirdly, point your Yo-kai Watch over there."

They pointed their Yo-kai Watches at the large bath in the corner of the room and they weren't sure if they were supposed to be shocked or not at the giant pig Yo-kai sitting in the bath.

"Ahh...Sproink likes a long soak after a long day..."

"Well, that bath certainly does look relaxing."

"That one Yo-kai was the cause of the aura you sensed?!"

"Why are you so surprised? Remember Slimamander?"

"Ugh...don't remind us. So can we just leave him be? Please say yes."

"Keep it down over thar! Don't make Sproink get out of dis tub and teach you two a lesson hisself!"

"So, Whisper...about leaving and saying that we couldn't find the underwear..."

"Oh my..."

Whisper was turning red as he said,

"I hate to say it, but I think Sproink is wearing Mr. Goodsight's lucky undies."

"Whisper, are you sure?"

"Well, unless someone else wrote Mr. Goodsight's name on the waistband."

"I'm hoping that's unlikely. Also, stop staring, Whisper. It's a bit weird."

Whisper turned his face away as Nate attempted to peacefully finish Mr. Goodsight's request.

"Excuse me, Mr. Sproink, sir? We really need that underwear you're wearing."

This is got to be the most embarassing thing I ever asked someone.

"First you interupt Spoink's soak and den demand Sproink's new undies?!"

He hopped out of the tub, holding two wooden buckets.

"I'm gonna have ta teach you a lesson!"

Steam filled the room and the battle began.