In Love With The Enemy

Getting Out

Shaylon's POV

It's been seven long years and I'm finally getting out of prison. Yeah you heard me right prison, I killed my boyfriend and my used to be best friend. They both betrayed me. I did nothing but stand by them, and look how they repay me. I remember it like it was yesterday, the day that I pulled the trigger.

                        {Flashback}

I had a long day. I had just got done taking finals and all I wanted to do was go home and lay in my bed. My body was beyond sore and I had hella bruises on my body. My boyfriend Kasire is very abusive. He would always beat me, and for no reason at all. If I was late responding to his texts, or if some random guy looked at me. I remember one time, I dropped my book bag and everything had fell out and when I got home he beat my ass. I was black and blue for days. The abuse was happening nonstop. Why didn't I just leave him? That's the question that I always ask myself. Honestly I don't know, you hear girls say that the only reason why they didn't leave is because they loved him, or maybe because he threatened to kill them. But for me, I just can't explain it. I wish that I would've left when I had the chance. I  could've been working as a Forensic Scientist right now. Anyway, the night before Kasire just came in the house and he smelled just like perfume. Now don't get me wrong, I have a smart ass mouth.

"Why do you smell like perfume?", I questioned him.

"Get out my face Shaylon, not right now.", He answered laughing.

"Oh, so you think that shits funny!", I yelled at him.

"Excuse you. Who the hell do you think your talking to!", He yelled grabbing me off the bed by my hair. I remember screaming and being punched multiple times. And then I just blacked out, and I woke up to flowers and a new pair of shoes lying next to me.

I knew that I had to leave, and when I got home that day I was planning to. But when I arrived at my house, I heard moaning and skin slapping. He actually had the audacity to be fucking some bitch in my bed. When I opened the door and looked in my room, he was fucking my best friend. My best friend. Now I know what people meant when they said all they saw was red. The next thing I know, I grabbed his gun and pulled the trigger. I emptied the clip. When i opened my eyes, I saw both their bodies laying limp, and a pool of blood. I called the cops and reported it. And they took me away .

I couldn't wait to get out of this hell hole. Prison was definitely not a place for me, and I refuse to ever come back. I missed my mom so much that it hurt. My mom supported me from day one. I was her only child. She was all I had left in this world. My father died when I was 12, and things have never been the same. I was always a daddy's girl. My dad was my rock, he was my first love. When my father passed my mom and I just got close, no one or nothing could ever break us. I never told her about the abuse. I just couldn't. But now looking back on it, I should've. I could've put Kasire behind bars. When I look back on it, I do regret what I did. I was just sick and tired of being hurt. And I know I could've handled the situation in many different ways. But you will never understand how I felt and what I went through until you go threw it yourself.

My mom stayed by me every step of the way. She never looked down on me for doing what I did. She told me that she loved me no matter what and that she would stand by me more than 110% and that's exactly what she did. The day of my sentencing, they only gave me 7 years. I was so happy. Yeah I still had to go to prison, but I didn't have to go for the rest of my life. My mom said that I most likely could've gotten away with it if I didn't tell them that I killed them. But I had to. I had to own up to what I did. I had to pay the consequences. Just because I killed someone doesn't mean that I'm s crazy ass person. I'm a sweet girl. Loving and understanding, I just got tired of all the bullshit, anybody would if they had to go threw what I went threw.

The guard called my name, it all happened so quick, and the next thing that I know, I'm being escorted out the gates. My dad always said never look back. And that's exactly what I did. I never looked back. I saw my mom standing by her car with this big ass smirk on her face. I ran into her arms.

"I miss you so much mommy.", I cried breaking down. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had to let it all out. I couldn't  keep holding it in. Not anymore.

"I missed you more baby girl.", She replied crying with me. She put me in the car and drove off. It felt so good to see a different scenery. To know that I didn't have to be locked up with all those women. I wished that I could go back to school and make something out of myself. But we all know that's not going to happen. Not with my record. I'm just gong to work for my mom. She owns a recycling company along with a couple of hotels, restaurants and even a couple of dealerships. I didn't even have to work. I'm going to be set for life. But I needed to do something with my life. My mom gave me this offer and I took it. We just drove in silence, enjoying each others company. It felt good, peaceful. I'm so glad that I'm out of prison. Now it's time for me to start all over. Turn over a new leaf. I needed it.