Chapter 40: I Would Run Into the Storm for You.

Start from the beginning

The team of nurses helped Doctor Smith get gowned up and scrubbed down before they got the medical supplies ready. Juice helped a nurse hold one of my legs open with one hand while the other was being tightly grasped in mine. We were both sweating so it only made me grip his hand tighter. My knuckles were white and he fingers were going blue. Then I was told to push and everything kinda faded into the background. It was like this was the only moment I was in complete control of my body even though it felt like I wasn't actually in my body. I felt like I was floating but there was a small but unwavering pressure in my rectal area that kept me anchored down. I was thrusted back into reality when that pressure was let go.

I hadn't realized that I closed my eyes until I opened them, at first I saw Juice; his face was pale and he had tears making vast rivers down his face. He was looking at something in front of us. My eyes then panned over to see a small human being lying on my chest. This small human being had darker skin but it was pinker than anything, they had a head full of dark hair that matched their eyes. That small human being was crying their lungs out.

As quickly as she came she was gone. Juice leaned down and kisses my lips when I turned to look up at him. Juice cried at the births of the boys and now he's crying at the birth of his daughter.

While Beau was getting cleaned up and warmed up, I was getting cleaned up and the sheets were being changed. Beau stopped crying soon after she was born but it was nice to know she had healthy lungs. Juice melted into a puddle of joy when she was placed into his arms for the first time. This last year has been nothing but insanity, but the outcome is the most beautiful creation any higher power can create.

I couldn't help but grin wildly, glancing to the backseat of the minivan where both boys were gushing over their sister. Okay, they were exactly gushing over her but they were both pretty excited. Percy went on about how one of his friends is an only child and never has anyone to play with while he had a baby brother and baby sister. Daylon mimicked his older brother's tone in gibberish, spitting out the random words he does know how to say. Juice had to force himself from looking over his shoulder to stare at the little girl with hearts in his eyes.

It's been a day and a half since Beau was born. The boys came to the hospital shortly after she was born. Amanda, the teenage babysitter who lives down the street brought them. Percy was infatuated with her while Daylon was confused but curious about who this new person was. He was a little jealous by the fact that he was no longer the youngest and he no longer had most of mine and Juice's attention. Juice took the boys home and spent the night with them while I stayed at the hospital with Beau. He came back with them around nine this morning. The Doctor came in to give Beau the all clear checkup before we signed the release papers. I told the hospital to send the bill to our house and we'd figure something out but I was told it was all paid off; every last dime was paid off. That's just over $50,000 in hospital bills. The insurance covered the Doctors and the nursery but that still left the actual delivery and my room to be paid by us. That's still a lot of money. Juice paid off the hospital bill. Where did he get the money from? It made me very worried about what's going on in his life. And I've learned that here and now is the only time you can ask about anything, no matter the situation. Because if you wait it'll get worse and the hole will get bigger and deeper. Here and now is the only guaranteed time we have. But I didn't want to ruin today for him. It's been a long time since Juice has looked genuinely happy. His skin was bright and glowing, much like the wide smirk that sat proudly on his face as he listened to the boys babbled about a wide range of things. For the first time in a very long time he was happy.

Juice's dark brown eyes found me and his wide smirk became a crooked smile.

"What're you smiling about?" He inquired light heartedly. I had to ask myself the same question and the answer came right away.

"When we first met would you have ever thought that you'd be driving a minivan full of your kids with the girl you're gonna marry beside you?" I questioned sincerely. It was shocking to see how much has changed in such a short period of time. It was bewildering to see how much has changed in eight years. He chuckled to himself and shook his head with that same crooked smile. But for a moment I saw something very familiar flash across his face before dissolving back into happiness.

"No. I never imagined any of this happening, ever." He admitted honestly. I felt my heart sink with remembrance of what's happened the last year. A lot of things have happened that I never imagined would happen to me. I never would've imagined I'd leave Huntington Beach with the man of my dreams and build a family and home with him, only to have it all taken away and then given back. Before when I looked at my family I saw something beautiful but now when I look at my family I see something very different, something terrifying.

When we got home, Amanda was waiting to help bring the boys inside. They were hungry and wanted to run around and play, seeing as they couldn't do that at the hospital. Juice took Beau inside while I went to the back of the van to grab the suitcase. I swear I felt my entire world shatter when I pulled the small suitcase out and the black leather Kutt came tumbling out with it. My heart sank brokenly as I stared at the SAMCRO leather on the ground by my feet like a ghost haunting me from the past. I don't hate SAMCRO or anyone from Charming but Jax is trying to hurt my family, and unluckily for him I've taken mothering advice from Gemma. But it doesn't make sense, why does Juice have his old Kutt in the back of our van? What's going on with him?

I sighed heavily to myself and knelt down, wincing at the slight pain. I unzipped the suitcase and shoved the Kutt in.

"Are you okay, Maria?" Amanda's voice broke through my train of empty thought, closing the case again before anyone could come back out to see that I found it, especially Amanda. She'll have questions about what it is and who it belongs to. The red-haired girl came around the side of the van with a curious expression and her hands on her teenage hips. I forced a smile at her and nodded.

"Yeah. I didn't zip it up right and some stuff fell out when I tried taking it out of the trunk." I lied to her bold facedly but she bought it with a casual nod and smiled as I brought myself back up to my standing position.

"Okay. I'm gonna head home. Call me if you need anything." She informed me kindly then proceeded to saunter down the driveway and around the hedge towards her house. I didn't really like her but she's good with the boys. Sadly, the only reason she's so on demand is because she is the babysitter who tries to bed the husband. Only, her scheme isn't going to work.

I watched her leave before heading inside where Juice was in the kitchen with the kids, Daylon in his highchair and Beau was asleep in her car seat on the kitchen table while Percy helped Juice make some lunch. Subconsciously a smile fell across my face as I watched my family but the nagging thought of the Kutt stayed. I need answers before it's too late.