Thankyou

In the morning Aduka was back on the rock playing her flute. The water flowed down the rocks and into the pond. Kim was on her way to the cort yard when some one pulled her aside. It was Kai.

     "Kim, where did you go last night?" Kai asked. "You were gone for a while."

     "I uh, just had to use the washroom." Kim said.

Kai looked looked at her confused.

     "You were in the washroom for almost an hour?" Kai said. "Like I believe that. Did you leave the doorms?"

Kim said nothing.

     "Kim, its dangerous out there." Kai said. "You know how dangerous vampires can be."

     "I know, but..."

     "Please don't leave again." Kai said. "I don't know what I would do if you got hurt."

     "I-I understand." Kim said.

Later durring the day Kim ran into some of the werewolves Kai was talking to at Gym class. They started asking her questions.

     "Hey, so are you and Kai dating or something?"

     "What, no." Kim said.

     "Then why do you always do what he wants you to?"

     "He just knows whats best for me." Kim said.

     "Thats not his place, is it? Hey we heard you snuck out last night. Did a vampire bite you?"

     "How do you know that?" Kim asked. "It doesn't matter. Just go..."

     "I think we need to put you nasty humans back in your place."

They lifted her up and carried her to the corner of the cafiteria and put her shirt on a hook in the wall. She hung there.

     "Hey, get me down." Kim screamed.

No one bothered to help her.

     "Consider this a lesson learned."

The wereeolves ran away and left Kim on the hook.

     "Help, some one help me!"

She struggled to free herself. All of a sudden she heard a tear and she slipped out of her shirt.

     "Ahhhh! Im naked!" She screamed.

Someone sprang from the crowd. It was Rin. He took off his jacket and placed it over Kim. She didn't even look up at him. She ran away in embarrassment, crying. Rin slowly followed her. Kim hid herself in the janitors closet cuddling up in a ball under Rin's jacket and sobbed. Rin knocked on the door.

     "Go away." Kim cried out.

     "Its Rin." Rin said.

Kim stood up and slowly cracked opened the door to see him.

     "Are you ok?" Rin asked.

She shut the door. After a slight hesitation he opened the door, stepped inside, and closed the door behind him. He sat next to her.

     "I'm so sorry. I should have stopped them." Rin said.

     "No, they were right." Kim said quietly.

     "What?"

     "I let other people control my actions. I shouldn't do that. I need to make my own decisions." Kim said.

     "No. I let them." Rin said. "I let them embarrass you because I was too scared to help you."
     "Aren't the werewolves more scared of you than you are of them?" Kim asked.
     "Heh, I guess you're right." Rin said.
It was silent for a second. Then Rin put his arm around Kim. She blushed a bit. Rin stood up. He grabbed Kims arms through the sleeves of his jacket and pulled her to her feet. Before he could say anything else Kim rested against Rin's chest. He wrapped his arms around her. He was much taller than her. She started to weep again, but Rin rubbed her back and shushed her.
     "Thankyou." Kim said crying.