Sorting (Part 1)

Lav's POV

I ran to Ania's dorm room with some good news, I can't wait to see what rank Zero is in. Ooh! The store is selling cotton candy! Ahhhh! That stuffed animal is adorable! Ok, I will buy this then go toooo... wait, what was I doing? Right! Going to tell Ania and Zero that Sorting starts in an hour! Wait, an hour? AN HOUR! I have to go, no time for stuffed animals!
I rush to Ania's dorm room and bust in.
CRASH!

"You broke down the door! We are going to be in so much trouble!" Ania yells.

"Oops? Sorry, but I have great news! Zero is going to be Sorted today!" I exclaim.

"Wait what? What's Sorting?" Zero asks.

"Oh! You see your rank of power and ability and go to classes and battles that match," I answer.

Ania's POV

Oh joy! I didn't know that Sorting was that close! I'm pretty sure this is the 3 Sorting, *le gasp* that means everyone gets re-Sorted!

"Isn't this the 3 Sorting?" I ask.

"YES! I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" Lav exclaims as loud as she can possibly be.

"What's so special about the 3 Sorting?" Zero asks.

"Oh my naive child, the 3 Sorting is when everyone gets re-sorted, btws, it starts in 45 minutes," Lav explains, "OHHH 45 MINUTES IS LESS THAN AN HOUR! WE NEED TO GET READY!!!"

"Ok, ok, calm down!" I laugh.

Zero's POV

That voice has been oddly quiet, if it is still there shouldn't it be talking about things? Huh, I won't test it.

Lav and Ania pull me away from my bed and take me to the changing room, they gave me a 'survival suit' that everyone is supposed to wear at a Sorting. I just smile, nod, and do what they say.

30 minutes later

"Ok! I think that is all the basic knowledge you need to know," Ania says.

We walk to the arena and are greeted by a lot of other students. Some are a lot older and some are a lot younger than me, which makes me worried.

"Students! Welcome to the 3 Sorting!" The intercom exclaims.

The crowd cheers and starts walking into the arena.

"Now! The newcomers go to the left into the tent and the students who have been here to experience 2 Sortings and are pumped for this one, you all know what to do!" The intercom yells excitedly.

I am dragged away from Ania and Lav by everyone who is new. I'm now as confused as ever. Everyone gets in the tent and is greeted by a really tall lady with an elegant cape.

Number one rule, kid, is to never EVER wear a cape, especially in battle.

Ok? Why are you taking to me now?

It's quite simple, I'm helping you, or at least I'm trying.

Thanks I think, sarcastically.

The lady starts to speak.

"Now everyone, you are all new, so you will be fighting against each other and not the more experienced. Some of you have gone to other academies to train," as she looks at some of the bigger, more confident looking kids, "and some, off the streets," she says, as she looks at me, "you will be tested on your knowledge and your skill in battles against monsters, puzzles, and even your teammates. But be warned, it won't be easy."

-44.