Chapter 11 "Base Camp"

Alright everyone. This house is where we’ll be doing our field training. There are six levels to the house and a full basement. The basement is off limits. I think you can figure out way that is. (Everyone nodded to Midnight and the group entered the huge house. Midnight and Blaze took them into an area that was to be their base camp. Four rooms branched off of the room that they were in.) The door to your left as we enter our base camp is the bathroom. The three rooms on the other side of the room are our bedrooms. Most of the work we’ll be doing here is in this room. You can look around the main floor today, but no one goes upstairs without Blaze or me. Understood?

    We understand.

    Bright and I understand as well.

    Alright then, let’s all get settled in and have a look around shall we?

    (It didn’t take long for all of us to get what few things we brought with us unpacked and set up. Blaze handed each of us a walky-talky. Then a handed us each a bag with surplice in it. Midnight was checking the radio that was linked to the walkie-talkies. The last thing Blaze handed us before talking to us was a few maps of the house that her and Midnight had hand drawn for us.)

    When you leave base camp to explore the house or to do one of the six missions that Midnight and I are going to set up for each of us. You are to follow these few rules. The first one is that you are to keep your walkie-talkies on at all time. Never open or even go into the basement. Check your maps frequently and always stay with one other person. Do you all understand these rules? (Everyone nodded.) Alright, moving on. Each of you has a backpack. In that backpack you will find first aid kits, food and water, batteries, a blanket, some matches, rope, and a book of soul spells.

    Book of what?

    A book of soul spells, Bright. As you all know, we have soul flames and with our soul flames we can cast spells to shield, attack, and defend ourselves with. It will be wise for all of you to read the books and find which of the three areas you are best in. Part of the missions that Midnight and I are going to have you do, will resort to you having to use different soul spells. So read the book before you go look around the house tomorrow. As for today, just have fun exploring the main part of the house and don’t worry. The main part of the house is safe. Now then, split up into your teams of two and go have some fun. Well, Bright.

    Yes, Blaze.

    Midnight is going to go with you. Dark is going to come with me for a few minutes. Once we’re done, we’ll meet up with you two and you and Dark can take off. Alright?

    Yah that’s fine.

    Alright then. Dark let’s go.

    Right behind you Blaze. (Blaze took Dark up to the third floor and into a room full of pictures. There was a table with a tea set on it. Dark looked around room and realized something.) This is my dream.

    Your what?

    (Dark didn’t hear her. Instead he walked right over to where the picture that Blaze had shown him, used to hang.) This is where you found the picture of that guy.

    Yes, but what do you mean this is your dream Dark?

    (Dark looked over at her.) When ever Gin comes to visit me in my dreams. This is the room we’re always in. (He turns and faces the table.) She sits right here and I’m always standing or walking around the room. (Turns back to Blaze.) This is going to sound crazy, but I think I may have lived here once.

    You're right that does sound crazy. Yet, I have a feeling that you might be right on that.

    Yah, but...