Chapter 10 "Back To The Shadows"

Start from the beginning

    The only problem with that Bright, is the fact that Dark and I can’t be around each other for too long, with getting into a fight.

    I think you two can fix that as well, but first you might want to turn your heat down before you burn the stew.

    Oh right! (Turns the burner down to low heat. sigh) Bright.

    Hmm?

    Do you think I’m bossy?

    You can be at times.

    I see. Well the stew is done, so I’ll go get the other while you check the rolls.

    Alright.

    (Walks out of the kitchen, but stops as Bright calls to her.)

    You know Blaze. You might try seeing things from Darks prospective once in awhile. You never know, you two just might have something in common with one another.

    That would be a big surprise. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

    You do that, while I pull these rolls out.

    Right. I’m off to get everyone.

    Ok. I’ll put the food on the table.

    (Blaze just nodded and walked out to get the others. She stop and told the twins to go get Midnight from the training room, while she went to get Dark from his and Bright’s room. The twins took off like lightning. Blaze giggled a bit to herself as she watched them go and then turned and walked down the hallway to Dark’s and Bright’s room.)

    Hey Dark.

    Yes Blaze? What is it?

    Supper is ready.

    (Open door.) I’m coming.

    (Blaze nods and the two of them join the others at the dinner table.)

    So what’s next for training, Midnight?

    Next we’re all going to go out and do some field work.

    What kind of fieldwork, Midnight?

    The kind where we go out and look for stuff that we can use, need, or that can give us clues on how to stop the shadow lord.

    That’s good to know Blaze, but who’s the shadow lord?

    (Midnight and Blaze look at each other and then back at Dark.)

    We haven’t told you and Blaze about him, have we?

    No you haven’t. Care to elaborate on who or what he is?

    (Blaze and Midnight exchanged glances and then turned to tell what they knew about the shadow lord.)

    Not much is known about him.

    But what we do know is that he rules this world of shadows and is even made out of shadows himself.

    He can bring your greatest fears to life and even make you see things that aren’t there.

    That’s all me know about him I’m afraid.

    Well, that helps. (Looks at Bright.) A little.

    They can only tell us what they know Dark.

    I know that, but shouldn’t we have been looking for clues on what or who he is that that we can find a way to stop him?