chapter one

Welcome to the story of my last year of high school. Here, you will find me interact with the baddest of boys, get drunk at parties and send nude photos to boys. Well, maybe not the baddest, or not bad at all. I probably won't get drunk either... or send nude photos. Everyone is entitled to their own life, and my life isn't like that.

My name is Walker. Walker Hastings. I'm trying to document the things that happen to me into this book as my senior year happens, it's not much of a diary. You guys will be able to see what is happening to me through out my year through this book. If you chose to read it, thank you and prepare for liftoff to boring city, USA.

Or a small town in Massachusetts seems to be more of the case. A very small town, where everyone knows everyone's business. Where if one kid says anything wrong they can be labeled as that weirdo person for the rest of their life. Or where we have five pizza places and and three ice cream parlors. Are they trying to make us fat? And could be where our principal has many affairs with teachers but that's none of my business.

Besides the point, I feel like it's important to me to share this part of my life. Everyone takes high school for granted and I think it's a very important part that everyone has in common, whether your experience during it isn't the best.

I guess you could say I fall under that category. You see, I haven't had the best luck in my life. I'm very clumsy, I'm socially awkward, my grades could be better, and I have only one real friend who has been with me through everything I've been put through.

And, to put it bluntly, I have depression. Okay, most teenagers have depression. So it's not like I'm trying to make myself seem like a sorry case. I don't ask for attention. I just, have problems and it's hard for me to deal with them unless I'm by myself. I hide my emotions a lot and I live in constant fear of being judged and my insecurity is through the roof, in space, on Pluto. Just thought you guys should know.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I can bet you $6 thay my mom will take pictures of me on my front step tomorrow. It is really hard for her, for her only child, to see her graduate. It's hard for me as well, I really am scared for the real world and college. I hate not being comfortable in my surroundings, especially when I can barely go to the grocery store down the street by myself.

I almost half expect my dad to come into my room with his most amazing omlets he would make me for my first day of school. Sadly, my expectations won't ever become real. My dad died almost five years ago.

It was really hard losing him the way we lost him. He got hit by a drunk driver on his way into Boston. It sucked when I heard the EMT say that he died on impact. I hope he didn't go through pain, I never got to say goodbye, and it haunts me until this very day.

So, I hope if you're reading this then you're prepared for really boring, probably depressing pages and pages of my life. A peek into it won't hurt anyone, really. Tomorrow is my first day of school, I'll let you continue the rest.

See ya soon! -Walker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

beeeeep, beeeeeeep

"What the hell is that." The beeping continued. "No. Stop. I hate you." I whimpered as my eyes peeked open and I quickly turned off the annoying ass ringtone set as my alarm. As I pulled the new comforter my mom bought me over my nose. My nose always gets so cold when I wake up.

"I was having the best dream." I muttered as I mentally flipped off my phone, my whole school, and everyone in the world. Why must our lives be ruined because of a rule that we must attend a school. I wanna sleep.

I rolled over and my eyes looked toward the window. The pink blinds were illuminated by the outside sun, and I had to see the sun. I lifted myself up, and I went over and opened the blinds. I blinked back as my eyes adjusted to this light. I watched the pink clouds roll in from morning light, gold surrounded the trees and the beginning to fall leaves were illuminated. A gorgeous sight, and one I couldn't possibly not take a picture of. Did I mention I have a slight obsession with photography?