"Did you just get home?" Rory sleepily found her way to his bare chest, laying her head upon it, with her ear lined up with his heart so she could hear the melodic drumming of it against his ribs. Harry's fingertips were deft as they ran through her hair and he gave a small nod.

"Yeah, just right now. Sorry I'm so late, love," he grazed his lips against her forehead and she closed her eyes once more. "Go back to sleep. M'here now."

The mother of his child could only hum in response. It wasn't long before she was asleep again, breathing softly against Harry's skin and her cheeks going slack with slumber. Having her in his arms after a long day, with her smooth legs entangled with his under the blanket like vines twisting together, and with their son sleeping just down the hall, was more than enough to make his chest feel warm with content. He figured he would gladly use his hand until it was raw if it meant that he got to savor the moments he spent with his little family- and with that thought in his mind, Harry drifted to sleep.

+

When he woke up the next morning, it was surprisingly due to the gentle nudges given to his shoulder and not the wailing of his son through the monitor that he had grown used to having as his alarm clock. His eyes peeled open to the morning light that dripped through the window and he felt a weight on his chest as a body rolled on top of him.

"Harry," Rory whispered, her eyebrows furrowed as he glanced up at her. She looked surprisingly rejuvenated after a night's worth of sleep, her skin sporting a bit more pigment than before. Harry groaned under his breath before rubbing his hand over his jaw.

"Hmm?"

"What time is it?"

Harry mumbled, "How should I know, babe? Just woke up, didn't I?"

"Check your phone," she urged quietly. Harry huffed out a breath but complied, shifting his body beneath her so he could reach over to the bedside table and grab his phone. His thumb swiped over the screen and through his slightly hazy vision, he noticed the time that it read and instantly a confused crease dug between his brows.

"Almost seven," he said, glancing back at her. "And he's not... he's not up yet?"

Rory shook her head. "No," she mouthed, confused and surprised herself by the late time. They had been used to being woken up at barely past five in the morning the last few months- it made sense now why she felt more refreshed than any other morning. The two extra hours had felt like heaven.

"And he didn't wake up during the night," Rory continued, sitting up from his chest with a concerned frown twitching at the corner of his lips. "Oh gosh, what if something's wrong?" she gulped, beginning to run her hand through her long, dark waves of hair and Harry had to reach out to rub her shoulder to prevent her heart rate from speeding up.

"I'm sure he's fine," he assured her. "I guess... I guess he just slept through the night?"

"He's never done that before, Harry."

"Well was he extra sleepy? Did he get a long nap yesterday?" he questioned and she looked thoughtful for a moment before answering.

"I guess not. He actually didn't get his afternoon nap at all," she spoke slowly as the memory made her shoulders relax. She breathed out a sigh and licked her lips. "Just- can you just please go check on him still?"