Mild Amnesia // Chapter III

Doug handed the keys to the valet and caught up with us in front of the entrance of the Caesars Palace. Stu pushed open the door and I jumped past him to get in first. The lobby was huge and magnificent. I would say that I've stayed in a better hotel during various fashion weeks, but I didn't want to because Caesars rendered me speechless.

"Hi, welcome to Ceasars." the receptionist greeted our little group with a bright smile.

"Hello." Stu replied.

"Checking in?" the woman behind the desk asked.

Stu nodded and leaned forward.  "Yeah. We have a reservation under Dr. Price."

"Okay, let me look that up for you."

"Dr. Price?" Phil spat out in a mocking tone. Oh, here we go... "Stu, you're a dentist, okay? Don't try and get fancy."

Stu tapped his fingers against the front desk and turned to Phil who mimicked his actions. "It's not fancy if it's true." Stu defended himself.

"He's a dentist. Don't get to excited." Phil explained to the receptionist and gestured to her. I put one hand on Stu's shoulder and the other against Phil's chest to calm the both from following conflict.

"Wenneck, if he's got a PhD, he's a doctor." I sighed in a 'duh' tone and sent him a light glare.

"Sure, doll." he sassed back and turned to the woman in front of us. "And if, us, someone has a heart attack, you should still call 911."

"We'll be sure do that." she nodded awkwardly.

A moment of heavy silence followed while the receptionist was checking our reservation. I leaned forward and caught my brother's attention and sent him a 'these idiots' look at which he responded with a look telling me he understands while rolling his eyes. On rare occasions, we could even hold a 'telepathic' conversation.

"Can I ask a question?" Alan broke the silence making us avert our attention to him. Humans do have strange ways of coping with awkwardness... "Do you know if the hotel's pager-friendly?"

"What do you mean?" the woman looked up and asked.

"I'm not getting a signal on my beeper." Alan explained amd help up his pager.

Woah, dude. No one uses those any more. Get a phone.

The receptionist, Lisa, is what her name tag said, tried to respond, but didn't know how to. "I'm not sure."

"Is there a payphone bank?" Alan was persistent. The rest of us looked at him confused 'cause no one uses those either. "Bunch of payphones? Business."

"Every room should have a phone." I shrugged at Alan who looked at me before shifting his eyes to Lisa for confirmation. Does he not trust me or something?

"It's true." Lisa nodded. "There's phones in your room."

"That'll work."

"So I have you in two bedroom suite on the 12th floor, is that okay?" Lisa fished out the data.

What? A two bedroom suite? Who made this reservations? Oh, yeah, Stu.

"It sounds perfect."

I shook my head. This bitch.

"Actually, I was wondering if you had any villas." Phil started. At least someone here has a brain.

"We're not gonna be in the room." Stu half groaned at Phil's proposition.

"It's unnecessary." Doug added and earned narrowed eyed look from me.

"No big deal. We can share beds." Stu tried to convince when he read my expression.