Chapter six

••••

My head was throbbing. Sounds were not heard by the ringing in my mind. I couldn't see anything, just black. I didn't know where I was, nor how I got there. Everything was confusing. Everything was strange. Everything that was happening made me want to go find him..

Oh, wait...

I couldn't. I forgot, I stormed off. Gradually, I remembered what happened. Running, sulking, Sammy, blackout.. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder, caressing me.. How sickening.

"Just stay calm, my lord.. I will go bring him to you.." That voice.. That sickening, self-agonizing vocal... How much I wanted it to go away, but stay so he doesn't hurt him. Maybe just strangle him..

"Why can't I see?" I snapped. Sammy did nothing but chuckle. "Answer me, you freaky ink composer!"

"Calm, my savior. It is simply ink. Do you not feel it raining down you? Do you not feel what I wish I could from you?" He's gotten more psychotic then I thought.. Not a good sign. "You must be patient. I will obtain my offering, and give it to you." That could be my chance, then at least he would be safe.. I soft exhale went out of me.

"Alright. But if you disappoint me, there will be dire consequences." I could nearly feel the excitement dispersing off of him.

"I will not fail you, Bendy." I could hear him run off. Now the next thing to do.. Get out of the restraints.

With a toss and turn, I blindly untied the knot holding it all together, freeing my hands. After that, it was much easier. I wiped the ink off my face, afterwords wishing I didn't. I was back to the main floor.. But how? Only this time.. I could hear everything that was happening below.

It was bizarrely outrageous. I didn't understand how. Sammy must've done something; improved my hearing senses or something. Probably used that.. Machine, too. I froze when I heard a recording.

"So first, Joey installs this ink machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't even get out of our department because the ink had flooded the stairwell."

Strange. I never thought the machine was causing problems. Joey never mentioned it.. Then again, Joey didn't tell me about killing Boris, either.

"Joey's solution? An ink pump to drain it periodically. Now I have this ugly pump switch right in my office; people in and out all day."

No wonder Sammy went so crazy. No personal space.

"Thanks, Joey. Just what I needed: more distractions. These stupid cartoon songs don't write themselves, you know."

And that was the end. Thoughts went through me. That was until Mickey spoke from under.

"Who in the world is Joey?" That's right.. I never told him my creator's name. He must be confused. And with that atmosphere, alone.. Oh, why did I run away? I know he's scared, one hundred percent. He's used to... Happy, calming places. Not anything like this. Unless, of course, it's those random dark episodes. For example the Mad Doctor one.

"C'mon, Mickey, he's toying with you.. Just figure everything out," I whispered. I knew he couldn't hear me. I knew it was a waste of my time. But I didn't care.

Sounds kept coming from below. It was wacky, yet weird considering I didn't know where he was. But I kept following, bumping into a wall every now and then.

Another tape started. "Every day, the same strange thing happens. I'll be up here in my booth, the band will be swingin', and all of a sudden Sammy Lawrence just comes marching in and shuts the whole thing down. Tells us all to wait in the hall.

It's Norman. And by what he's saying, Sammy has something... Secret.

"Then I hear him. He starts up my projector, and dashes from the projector booth down to the recordin' studio like the little devil himself was chasin' behind!"

I couldn't help but laugh. Mickey, too.

"Few seconds later, the projector turns off. But Sammy, oh no, he don't come out for a long time. This man is weird.. Crazy weird."

Yeah, I can agree with you, Norman.

"I have half a mind to talk to Mr. Drew about all this. But then again, I have to admit, Mr. Drew has his own... Peculiarities."

I was mind-blown. What was Sammy hiding? And, more importantly, was he going to reveal whatever it is?

"Gee, this day is just full of new names," Mickey said from below. I didn't say Sammy's name, either.. "Boy, this would be much easier with Bendy here. And less.. spooky." I knew it..

I could feel that Sammy was watching him by the way heavier footsteps moved. But that question still remained. How am I hearing all of this? Why am I able to know where they are? What did he do to me?

He went down below, and I guess the stairway was flooded, because he came to an abrupt stop. That, or he was gonna turn on the power.. Yep, the power. I listened to everything he did.. I knew that no matter what I did, he wouldn't hear me. But I walked carefully, anyway.

"Just find what Sammy wants you to, Mick... That way he'll bring you to me, and we can get out of this together. I promise you, I will not leave you here. I won't." Not so you can just sit here and... And.. Ink it up.

••••