Just Give Me A Reason

Roman's POV

Some women have something special about them. Naomi is more than special to me, and I want her to know that.

She's everything I could ever want in a woman. I can't wait until we can be together in public.

My limo was outside of her apartment complex, and I texted her to come outside.

Baby, I'm downstairs waiting for you

The door opened and she climbed into my limo with that short night gown. I wanted to just talk, but she was teasing me already.

"Hey baby!" She said, smiling excited to see me. I love the way she lights up when she sees me.

"Hey sweetie. I need to talk to you about the staff. We really didn't talk about it the other night. Would you be comfortable as the chief of staff, and I hired someone else as the legislative assistant?" This was a stressful job and I'm sure Naomi could handle it.

"Of course..I'm gonna announce my decision after I hire a new assistant. I can't believe Cody would do that."

"I'm not and I never liked him either.." She rolled her eyes. She climbed into my lap. "I really wish we could just be together."

"I know.. Don't worry about anything. How would you feel working closely with Charlotte as the legislative assistant?"

She shook her head. " I don't like her and I've made that pretty clear."

Naomi had good reason to, and with us being together it's not going to be easy. I can't lose Naomi, so I'll respect her wishes.

"But just as the Campaign manager right which is up until the election."

"That's fine.."

Good I knew she would compromise somehow. I had to get these positions filled as soon as possible. "Thank you baby."

Amani's POV

Cody laid in my bed, and it felt so good to have him here. We'd just finished making love.

"Baby, leave Roman and join Mustafa's team. I want us to work together." Cody looked up into my eyes, and gave me that look.

"No, I like Roman and I enjoy working with everyone especially my girl Naomi. You know I can't leave."

"Is Roman sleeping with Naomi?" He asked.

"Uh.. I can't say."

"Shit.. I knew it. I could tell when he gave her that shoutout at dinner. So, he's cheating on Alexa."

"The same way you're cheating on Emna."

"But I love you though. It's different."

Amani didn't understand why Cody felt like he wasn't doing anything wrong. "You love me but you're with her. Why ?" I asked.

"It's complicated.. I love you so much." He kissed me like he always does. Part of me wanted to leave him alone, but I can't. I've loved him for a while now.

"I'm getting tired of you being with her. Leave her!" I spat. Sneaking around was fun at first, but not being able to post on social media sucks.

"Give me some time okay.."Cody begged and kissed me again. As usual I was falling for his shit. He has me wrapped around his little finger.