Chapter 10

| Your P.O.V | Wedding day |

Monday.. May 31, 20XX..

[A/N: please play and loop the YouTube video right next to the photo for better reading experience!]

The wedding reception area buzzed with excited chatter and children ran between the tables in a good natured game of tag. Then your mother and stepfather entered, applause spread across the room. There was the scraping of chairs as folks got up for a standing ovation and the happy couple made their way to the head table, smiling and holding hands. Your parents sat in front of a bouquet of baby pink roses and the groom leaned in for a kiss.

There were cheers and someone whooped. After a few moments Kiyoshi rose from his chair for a toast and everyone else sat down. The sound of his teaspoon rapping on the side of his wineglass signalled everyone to silence, except the children who were shushed by their parents. You were the only one in the room that felt uncomfortable, your stepbrothers along with everyone enjoyed themselves as they listened to Kiyoshi's speech. But instead of staying, you went outside.

The air outside was rather heavy and humid just walking through the stone path outside. You could feel the moisture clinging to your white dress. It felt thick as you breathed it in, coating the inside of your throat. Your footsteps echoed sharply around the square, sounding overly loud in your own ears, like the booming heartbeat of a condemned prisoner.

"I want to go home" you spoke to yourself with closed eyes, sitting down on the edge of the fountain at the center of the place. You still clearly remembered the day you discovered the dismembered body and the day Kou losing control over his emotions and almost hitting you. Putting those aside, you rested your eyes on the horizon. The pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, the milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, tugging at the corners of your lips in a way that almost made you smile.

"Oh" You heard a familiar voice from behind, though you didn't have the energy to look at him. The approaching footsteps have the wet sound of someone on grass. Over the fall leaves each footstep crackled, each footfall was chaotically spaced from the last, no rhythm at all. You could tell even with your eyes closed something about him. It was as if his erratic steps were a child enjoying the music of their own feet. Whoever it lacked patience, though highly confident and was likely proud. They were neither a threat or of interest.

"Hey" You spoke in a low, yet cold voice with your hand up. Kou sat beside you on the fountain. You peered his way, face resolutely unimpressed. You couldn't see much because the streetlights were turned off, but his eyes were still a sparkling brownish green, so much like a wooden bark specked with green leaves, and his soft feather-like black hair brushed away from his brow. Below his left eye was a small mole, but it was your first time seeing them.

He looked charming. "It's quite saddening that I missed the wedding" he answered with closed eyes, then opened them after. His voice was that of any rich boy, honeyed and proud. Every word he said sounded beautiful but you felt no compassion or trust for the speaker. You clenched your fists in deep anger, suppressing the burning wrath you have been holding back since that day.

Your eyes hardened. "You- you asked me if I wanted to die, you were also planning to hit me.. What is wrong with you? Did you kill him?" you asked him almost like a whisper at first, but he didn't respond. Instead he lifted his face up to see you, giving you those cold empty eyes you despised the most once again. You clenched your teeth in anger and then you pushed the male, causing him to fall on the ground, but he seemed unfazed. It was hard to shove aside the worries corrupting your mind, but eventually, you just- froze and stopped thinking for a moment.

Then a lone tear traced down your cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. "You know- ever since that day.. I've been getting nightmares. I keep seeing Mr. Sou's butchered limbs.. I couldn't sleep and I- I hated you ever since. You don't even look at me nor talk to me when I walk pass you in the house." You cried as if your brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of your every pore.

"It wasn't me, you got the wrong person.." You saw movement from his mouth, you knew he said something, but it was too inaudible for you to hear and still, he was staring at you as if he could see through your soul. It felt cold and warm at the same time, like your good of a nothing father's eyes.

"Why do you always look at me with such- cold dark eyes that are similar to my father's? Do you despise me that much? I hate it.." A lot of tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down your face. Your chin trembled as if you were a small child. You breathed heavier than you ever had before. You were gasping for air that simply wasn't there.

"Why did you do it?" You hiccuped, tears rolling down with the same quietness. Kou stood up, and wiped your tears, before rising from the ground, and wandering towards you with a curious slowness. He felt an urge to do something, to comfort you, but also himself. He leaned in for a hug, and there he wrapped his arms around you. But before you could melt in his embrace, you were pulled away.

"Kei.. Welcome back" The real Kou called, staring bluntly at his twin Kei with sharp distant eyes, probably more intense than his twin. You stood up and stared at them. You were ashen, lips almost blue when you saw the real Kou standing outside the door of the reception area. Your mind was surging with perplexity. The more you mulled it over the more your brain became a spinning top, always finding more questions than answers.

"T-twins?" You exclaimed, trembling in shock. You glanced upward, your mouth pursed but slightly open and loose. Your eyes were fixed as if you was looking at something a yard behind his head. Kou called your name. "[Y/n]" he said. You blinked, refocused.

"Kei, do you mind leaving us for a while?" Kou asked with such an empty expression plastered on his beautiful pale face. He had all the emotion of wet concrete, his facial muscles just as loose. There was no anger, no sadness, no joy or resentment. While Kei, was the complete opposite. Kei suddenly tugged his lips upward and formed into a disturbing smile.

"I had so much fun, isn't it embarrassing she told me a lot of things I didn't know that were meant for you?" You blushed invisibly beneath your [s/c] skin as you nudged yourself towards Kou's side. The giggle that rumbled out of Kei's throat made your face turn into various shades of red. You were embarrassed. "Anyway, thank you for entertaining me at least. It's be a long time since I acted as Kou. Goodluck [y/n]~" Kei winked at you while waving before slowly walking away.

"You jerk!!" You fumed and followed him, though Kou stopped you from doing so. You peered his way to tell him to let you go, but he suddenly spoke. "I heard it, everything you said to Kei earlier.. You wanted to hear my answers right?" those words that slipped out of his mouth were enough to stop you.

He breathed out before speaking. The sigh that came was a signal, not of his resolve leaving but of the level his tension had reached. "Sorry, but the reason why I said those things was because I wanted you to leave me alone, and as for the problem with almost hitting you, please at least understand that I cannot control my emotions. I'm short-tempered.." Kou said seriously, staring intently into your [e/c] orbs. "You expect me to believe that crap?" You replied in a shout.

"If you don't believe me then please, hit me as many times as you want. It will also be my punishment" Kou coldly spoke, staring at you as if he was a bloodthirsty murderer. You froze. It reminded you of him again. Again. Again. Again, again and again. 'Why him?!' You were already sick of it.

"Can you please stop staring at me like that? I apologize of it seems selfish, but it's just a small request. I mean looking into deep into my eyes.. You and Kei have the same eyes as his.." You replied in a small voice, looking away from him for a moment, then back at him.

"I don't mind. Alright. Then, I will go now. Goodnight [y/n]" Kou responded politely. His eyes moved slower and more down-cast, skimming the floor, not raising to your eye level. It was in his voice too, quieter, with a meekness that wasn't usually part of his speech pattern. "Oh. I almost forgot. Please stay away from Kei and Katsumi- they are very dangerous. I'd rather kill myself than spend time with them if I were you.." You didn't know what to tell him nor how to respond when he said that, instead you fell on your knees and cried silently.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Oh what a plot twist~ did you enjoy the chapter or was it boring? Anyway how's everyone? I hope you guys are doing fine!

~ author-kun •ω•