It Demands To Be Felt: Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Chapter Playlist! :)

"Can't Help Falling In Love" by Ingrid Michaelson

"Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie

"re: Stacks" by Bon Iver

hope you guys enjoy this chapter! really sorry if it sucked :(

--------------------------------------------

Louis's jaw dropped, heart stopped, breath stuttered. "w-what?" 

shit. now you've done it. you stupid fuckup.

Harry stepped backward, pulling away from Louis's grip, closing his eyes and stumbling toward the door. "n-no, I, I mean...that's not what I meant. I'm sorry, I...I didn't mean it."

stupid, stupid, stupid. you're so worthless. he's going to hate you now. you've gone and fucked everything up now.

Louis was dumbfounded. he stood completely still until Harry reached for the doorknob and walked out of his bedroom. shaking himself out of his trance, he called after him, "Harry, come back!"

Harry started to run down the stairs, feeling tears rising up again. he couldn't stand to see Louis's disgusted face.

gotta get out gotta get out

"Harry, god--wait!!"

Louis tripped on his shoelaces trying to catch up with him. he grabbed Harry's hand as they were halfway down the staircase, and he tugged on the taller boy's arm to turn him around. they were face-to-face, and neither of them were breathing.

Harry--eyes still shut, with tears making tiny rivulets on his cheeks--whispered, "Lou, I can't-"

Louis brought his other hand up to Harry's cheek, stroking it softly with his thumb, and stepping closer so their chests were pressed together. "Harry, listen, listen to me. it's okay, Harry--I love you too."

he pushed his fingers gently under Harry's chin and held it up, fluttering his eyelids shut, and then--

oh.

Louis brushed his lips softly against Harry's (who, at the moment, was very confused and stiff) and dropped Harry's hand to bring it up to his hair. Harry felt Louis's gentle fingers grasping bits of his hair, pushing it back from his face.

Harry relaxed a bit and sighed into the kiss, pushing his hands up Louis's back and fisting his shirt, bringing him and the smaller boy together. it was magic. when the two finally pulled apart, they couldn't stop smiling.

"christ, Lou, you could have told me that earlier. saved me some heartache."

"I'm sorry, baby, I couldn't tell you. I thought it would ruin everything we had." Louis brushed his fingers across Harry's cheek again, smiling and wiping away his tears. "I'm sorry for everything. it's all my fault."

"no, it's me," Harry shook his head. "but let's not fight right now. just....just kiss me again."

so Louis did.