一 | kang daniel

DEDICATED TO: busan-unit, my fave K.D stan, and the one who i can go to for pd101 updates. ily!

GENRE: Fluff + Comedy
SONG: N/A

As the days slowly got brighter, signaling that the winter season would soon come to a close, it didn't stop the snow from falling for one last time. You didn't hate snow, but you definitely didn't love it either. It was a period where you were most cautious in, only because whenever it was snowing, your best friend always thought that it'd be a great idea to throw snowballs at you. It was funny at first but as years passed by, it seriously got agitating.

You sighed, remembering the plans that he had somehow got you to agree on later that night. As much as you'd rather stay in, Kang Daniel had other plans— it was practically impossible to say no, especially when he had your heart in the palm of his pale hands.

Amongst exiting the apartment complex that you shared with your older brother, the loud ringing of your phone began to blaze through the almost empty lobby earning looks of annoyance from the staff and renters.

Bowing apologetically to those around you, you booked it out of the lobby, answering the call when you were finally outside.

"Y/N? Where are you?" Daniel's voice rang through the speaker of your phone, sending a rush of emotions through your body.

"Sorry I overslept, you know how the snow affects me." You excused, rubbing away the fatigue from your eyes. "Anyways, I just left. We're meeting at Sobangcha's, right?"

"Duh, of course." He laughed, earning a dramatic eye roll from yourself even though you knew that he couldn't see it, "Take your time, as long as you make it here safely."

"Don't worry, I'll be there soon." You were just about to hang up until a familiar voice in the background had caught your attention. They were complaining about how the passerby's were way too bright for his liking and how they had yet to experience the bitterness of life. The more you listened, the more it became familiar. "Hey, is that my brother?"

Daniel sighed before cautiously whispering, "Unfortunately— Jisung will you shut up, im trying to talk to Y/N!— he followed me here, but please, don't ditch me."

You slightly chuckled at his plead, humming into the phone before officially hanging up. The sun had just began to set beneath the horizon, painting the sky with a tint of orange, pink, and purple. The colorful canvas vanished in a matter of minutes and before you even realized it, a deep shade of blue began to take its toll along with a bouquet of stars to decorate the limited darkness.

As the snowflakes began to fall softly onto your revealed palms, you ended up regretting the decision even more. Clutching onto the sleeves of your coat, you pulled it lower so that it covered your exposed skin from the cold substance.

When you finally arrived at sobangcha's, you immediately saw Daniel sitting with a couple of his friends— sadly, your brother included— but what was more surprising was that the pink hair of your bestfriend was now dyed a lighter shade of brown. I was just starting to like his pink hair too, you thought.

"Y/N is here!" Taewoong yelled, making the entire stand glance towards the entrance where you were located. Just thinking of how drunk they were was enough to bury you in a deeper pit of regret— is it too late to back out now?

Jisung stood up and made his way towards you, clasping your hand as he gently tugged it towards their table, "Y/N, my small baby, my mini me, my little sister— come and drink with me!"