The Beginning

Naruto sat up groggily and huffed, "Another day." He says to no one as he places his feet on his chipping wooden floor, shivering against the coldness of the surface.
He pushed himself off of his old mattress and shuffles out of his room.
He crossed into his living room/kitchen and went to his cabinet, opening it. He snatches a packet of ramen and rips it open. He peeks into the cup and recoils as he sees the mold covering the stale noodles and probably fake chicken pieces. He doesn't spare it a second look as he tosses it into the trash can, not wanting to see it again. Besides, he was used to barely eating anyways, so it left him unfazed as he headed to his closet.
Opening the door to the holed out section in his wall that he kept his clothing in, he simply grabbed one of his hideous orange jumpsuits. He did have other clothes, but the villagers wouldn't enjoy it if he suddenly walked out of his house looking more professional, and they would probably blame him for stealing the items and then beat him again. He didn't want to risk it. Besides being one of the only things that shopkeepers would sell him because it practically screamed "kill me", the jumpsuit was pretty comfortable, and it hid how skinny he was. He didn't really want people taking advantage of him or looking at him strangely just because he looked fragile. He also had a fair amount of curving at his hips that he didn't think was normal, so that was hidden by the garment as well.
He put it on, easily slipping it onto his smaller frame, and went to brush his teeth, not even sparing a glance at his graffiti covered walls that were made oh so graciously by the villagers. Those walls clashed with the tidiness that was his small home. In contrast to what everyone thought of him, he was actually quite neat, always cleaning now and again.

As he brushed his teeth he ran his fingers through his unruly blonde hair. This served as a substitute for the hairbrush that he didn't have, it wasn't perfect, but it sufficed.
He spit out the foam in his mouth and looked at himself in the foggy mirror he had.
His eyes looked dull, his hair wasn't exactly tamed, and the bags under his eyes were the same as yesterday and the day before.
He trudged over to his front door and sighed.
'And time for the happy, weak Naruto that the people know me as.' He thought to himself as he made an effort to brighten up his face even just a little bit before he stepped out from behind the splintering board of wood.
He could feel the aura of the chakra of the villagers around him change when they noticed his presence. He could sense the shifts of their attitudes, feel their drilling glares, and hear the whispers loud and clear, obviously due to his enhanced senses.
'Hey Kyuu'
'Good morning kit' he heard the tailed beast yawn.
'I wonder what we'll be doing today with kakashi-sensei'
'I would guess but I'd probably be wrong anyways so I don't know.' He chuckled inwardly at the giant fox's humor as he stepped onto training ground 7.
He climbed up a tree easily with his chakra and hid himself so that nobody would be able to spot him. He always arrived early so that he could watch the sunrise. It was one of the only things that brought him peace.
He sat silently and watched as the colors of night brought on the familiar hue of orange and then melded into an array of pinks and yellows as the clouds accentuated their shades. It was always beautiful to watch.
He sat without a word and just stared as the colors dimmed down and rolled away to reveal the stunning blue sky that he always reveled in, only snapping out of his trance as he sensed footsteps coming closer. He made quick work of sealing away his chakra, he knew it was Sakura and Sasuke, but it would raise suspicions if they knew he arrived here earlier than they did.
He watched as Sasuke looked around and he held his breath, he knew he had sensed his chakra, even if it was only the slightest bit, and relaxed as he saw Sasuke give a small shrug and go sit down with his back against a rock.
He snickered in his mind as he watched Sakura fawn over Sasuke like he was some adorable puppy. He looked at the sky once again.
'Kyuu tell me when you think I should go down there'
'You got it kit' Kurama replied in his lazy but authoritative voice.
'Thanks' Naruto said, 'I'm going to take a nap'
'Knock yourself out.' Kurama said with just an undertone of a pun buried in those words.
Naruto snuggled into the crook of his branch as he closed his eyes. These, apart from the rare nightmare free nights, were about the only time he could rest peacefully. He slowly fell into a light slumber.